Chapter 2

I still had his number somewhere in my phone. Whatever it was doing there, who knows. Debating whether i should text or call him my phone vibrated.

1 new message

Al

My heart began to beat faster than its original speed. I could hear its thumping in my ear. -Don't read it Elle- My mind told me. But i couldn't resist.

Need to talk Le. Al x

i didn't know whether to text him back. Afterall, what was there to talk about after he told me that we should "break it off"

Flashbacks swamp my brain, but this time I could not swipe them out.

(9 months agao)

"Hey Al, what's up? You wanted to talk."

"Le...before you go to the airport, before i take you to the airport i just think urh well.. Ok we both are gonna be verry busy in the next few months and even years. Just thinking that we won't be spendin' much time together and.."

"Wait, what are you saying?" i asked but of course i knew. I knew what was going to be said right here and right this minuet.

"Le, I just think that we won't see each other enough to..urh to be in this relationship anymore."

Crying. Yeh, it makes you look weak and useless. But this time, I couldn't stop the stream of tears running down my face. Shit.

"8 years. 8 YEARS Alex. we haven't ever had 'issues' with distance. Even..even you told me that." my shout had now become barely a whisper.

I remember walking away into the departure area of the airport with Al's voice ringing in my ears. Who knew my career and his wouldn't see sense. Nothing had to be this way but in the end nothing ever goes my way.

Picking up my phone, I quickly rushed a message into the space before I changed my mind.

Meet me at mine at 7. Le

-What's the harm?- I asked myself.