Chapter 20

Elle's P.O.V

it'd been a week since I saw Al last. I hated the waiting before I got to see him again. But as ever he was always busy these days and I had took a break from my job for a few months. I was extrmemly looking foward to later today though, not because Al was coming round (which he wasn't) but because my Dad and step-mom were coming round to visit me back here in LA. I hadn't seen them in what felt like ages. Never saw them these days.

Flicking through the mass hangings of clothes in my wadrobe, I reached a grey crop top and pulled it out. Walking to the mirror, I placed it against me to see if it would match the light washed denim shorts that I was wearing. Deciding it would do, I threw it over my head and sat down at my desk. Applying a thin, black line to the top of my eyes and applying a little lipstick, I looked at the clock. 1pm. They should be here around 4pm as they would still be on the plane.

Just then, my phone rang. Not checking the callers ID, I picked up the phone and answered it in an instant.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone. Only just got up an hour ago. I needed to wake up.

"Hey beautiful, how's you?" A familiar heavenly voice spoke. I melted.

"Alex! Wait, stop lying, you can't see what I look like on the phone." I excitedly said into my phone.

"Well. Duh you always beautiful Le" he smirked down the line.

"So, uh why was you calling?" Curiousity over took me and I wished that I'd never said anything because it sounded like I was being rude.

"Oh, Not aloud to call you eh? Cheeeky you are Elle, I need to come round and sort you out." Jokingly, he laughed and I did the same.

"Wouldn't mind if you did Al..." Sighing, I leant back into the chair I was sat on. Missing him sucked.

For a while (2 hours to be precise) me and Al talked. As soon as it started, the call ended and I felt myself start to need him even more. He didn't know when he would be back off tour.

Suddenly, the door rang. Shit. I'd been too busy talking on the phone to Mr. Perfect, I hadn't realised what the time was. Oh well. Priorities. jokes, it's my parents Elle, don't be a little shit. My thoughts never failed to ammuse me.

In the outline of the blurred glass window of the pale blue door, I could see an outline of two people. Dad and 'Manda. Amanda was like a mom to me. When I was around 4 years old, my mum passed away and I hardly knew her. A few years after, my Dad met Amanda and they've been together ever since.

Shoving the stiff door open, Two beaming faces appered on the other side. I ran into them with a hug.

"Guys!" I mumbled into the hug. They just laughed and asked me how I was etc as per usual. Then I let them inside and we had dinner.

I left them in the sitting room and went to go and have a shower. Stepping into the hot water, the water droplets fell on my skin like hot rain drops. I could stay in here forever-but I couldn't so after a short while, I got out and wrapped a white, crumpled towel around my body and walked out into my room as I'd left my pyjamas in there. But in my room was Dad and Amanda looking at my polaroid wall, their faces confussed. Oh shit. I'd forgot to take the new and old photos of me and Al down before they came.

"Uh Dad, 'Manda??" Puzzled, I stepped closer to them feeling self concious in only wearing a towel. When they saw me, Amanda smiled at me before Dad spoke.

"Look Elle. We're not going to give you a hard time that you're probably back with..him" He stuggled to say his name because he knew the grief Alex had put me through when he broke my heart.

"But, you're 25 now and I think you can make your own decisions." Finally, Dad understood. Yes, of course he was never going to forgive Al about putting me through all the...pain but at least this was better now.

"Thanks Dad" A sigh of relief washed over my body as they left the room. Quickly, I threw on a grey oversized tee with 'the vaccines' written on it. Another of my favourite bands.

As I walked into the sitting area of my house, Dad quickly put the phone down like he'd just finnished a call suddenly because I came into the room.

"Uh hey, just letting you know I'm gonna call it a night. Colin, his wife and his kids are round tomorrow and I don't wanna be a sleepy head for 'em. Night guys" Smilling at them they laughed as I hugged them both goodnight and went to bed before Dad shouted to me down the hallway: "Got an American twang now Le" He chuckled and walked back to the room he came from.

Snuggling down into the sheets, I fell into an oblivion of rest.

Beep. Beep. "Whyyyy?" I mumbled into the soft pillows, thumbling around by my bed trying to find the alarm clock. Beep. Beep. Still it fucking carried on. "Shut the fuck up or..." Like always, I shot up and reached for the cable ripping it out of its socket and launching at at the opposte wall. It clattered to the floor with a loud thud. I hated being woke up with that thing. But at least it got me up.

Throwing on a pair of black skinny jeans, black docs and a grey guns n' roses tee, I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee.

For the morning, me and Dad and 'Manda waited for the arrivel of Colin and family. Finally, the door bell rang and I rushed towards it pulling it open with much force.

"Colin!! Tommy, Layla and hey soffie" I laughed joke hugging them. I hadn't seen these guys in ages too. The last time was when Al was round. Thinking about Al, I missed him.

For hours now, I'd been playing with Layla and Tommy whilst Dad sat and talked with Soffie (Colin's wife) and Colin. All of a sudden, the door rang again? But I was not expecting anyone else today?

"I'll get it" Slowly, I stood up but Dad was quicker.

"Nah, El's it's fine. I'll get it" He smilled reasuring me and I gave him a confussed look before settling back down again.

Hearing the door open, I curiously got up and walked into the door way. Peeking round, there stood all in his angelic glory was Alex. Gasping, I looked at Dad who was laughing with Al at my shocked face.

"Al?" Running towards him I flung my arms around him and lifted my legs off the ground.

"But..but I thought you were busy???"

"Oh yeh, nah not as busy as I am now. Also, Thank your Dad 'ere. It was his idea Le."He chose his words carefully but they just rolled off his tongue making him so much more sexy. But he already was so It didn't make a hell lot of a difference.

As I looked over to Dad, he'd already gone back into the living room. I smiled after him before turning back to the perfect man infront of me. He looked down at my lips with desire. He could have it.

Slowly, but all at once, I grabbed his hair making him moan and brought his soft lips to mine. Now, I didn't need to tell him how much I missed him because it was all said in that kiss. All too soon, we pulled away short of breath. When our breathing got back to normal, he asked me something taking my breath away even more.

"El, next week, I'm going to Scotland to perform at T in the park festival and was wondering if you'd like to come with me? And the guys of course but we would go for the whole weeked, stay in the crowd and then you can come behind stage with us and watch us then? We'd stay on tour bus and..." Before he could waffle on anymore I butted in.

"Yess! Of course I would love to Al. It will be great." Smilling, I kissed his jawline and he smilled cutely. Damn.

"The guys won't be there till the Sunday of us performin' meaning we will be the only people on the tour bus for Friday and Saturday" He winked at me suggestively and I laughed, patting my hand on his chest.

It was going to be perfect and it was just a way to spend a little get away together for two days before the guys came. I was estatic for this to come, so was Al. It had been such a long time since I'd seen him perform at a big gig or festival and now was my chance again once again.