Chapter 10

Because of mine and Al's busy schedule, we had not seen each other for a few days because of my work and his work. Today, I was visiting him and we were going out to eat.

"Open you stupid piece of shit" I yelled at my wadrobe door half expecting it to not open after I yanked it again. Suddenly, it pulled to the right making me topple over but at least now I could put some clothes on. Standing up, I flicked through the rack of clothing taking my time about what I was going to wear. The place we were going to was posh so I needed to dress formally. Finally, I decided on a plain black dress which flowed out from my hips untill three quarters down my thighs. I selected a pair of black strap heels and applied a little makeup. Red lipstick or none? I decided to go for red then finally finnished applying a thin line of black to the top of my eyelids before adding a tad of mascara. Noticing my hair falling limp down past my shoulders, I decided to put it in a low bun leaving the shorter layers of my hair fall against the bottom of my chin. It would do.

It was only 4:00pm and I had to be at Al's for 5:30. Talk about being keen Elle. I decided to look through the photos on my phone as they needed to be sorted out if I wanted them on my computer. Picking up my phone, I unlocked the screen typing in my password. Swipping through some photos of the beach I reached ones from the other day at Alex's just before the guys came in on us watching the movie. I couln't help but laugh. There was at least 50 selphies that Al took of me and him. Especially when I fell asleep. He was pulling every single face there was. How could I delete these? He looked so adorable and happy.

Finally, It was time to leave. Getting up, I slid the car keys into my hand and stepped out of the door. It was so peaceful at 4:45. It only took me 45 minuets to get to Al's house. I put my bag on the seat beside me as I started up the car, then I pulled away from my house and drove off into the direction of his house. Turning on the radio, a familiar melody rang around the car. How could I not sing along?

what's been happening in your world?

What have you been up to?

I heard that you fell in love

Or near enough

I got to tell you the truth...

As soon as the chorus started I started singing along, as loud as possible. Snap out of it was there new single and I remember Alex and the guys working on it a few weeks before we split. Smilling to myself I looked ahead and looked forward to what this evening will bring.

After a long time, well actually only 30 minuets, I was nearly at Al's. I couldn't wait to see him. I'd not seen him for a few days and that kills. I turned around a bend in the road but what happened next came over me so quickly I had no time to react. Suddenly, a car was coming directly at me because it was taking over a car before the bend. My breaks screached as I tried to avoid the oncoming object. But it was too late. The car collided with mine with so much force, it swung me into oblivion.

Alex's P.O.V

She lay on the bed, her cheeks with no colour. She was so full of life the last time I saw her. Now, she was unconcious and she had been for two days. Her ivory pale skin glistened under the hospital lights, her long blonde wavy hair spread out in all directions on the pillow where her delicate head rest. When was Le going to wake up from the crash she had? I couldn't bare this. Not anymore. I wanted her to tell me that everything was okay. But how could she was paralised.

Beep. Beep. The heart moniter was the only noise coming from the tiny, issolated room that I was in. Sitting in the small chair at the edge of her bed, I reached out and held her hand. She was so cold and all I wanted was to feel her warmth again. To see her smile, to hear her laugh ring around the room. I'd never felt so alone in my life. 

Just then Miles walked in with Matt, Nick and Jamie.

"Eyy Al, You need some rest mate. You can hardly keep your eyes open." Matt spoke quietly to me but all I could see was his mouth moving.

"She'll be fine, Al. She's a strong girl mate. She's gonna pull through and you know it." Miles patted my shoulder before placing some flowers on her bedside table. Deciding I should close my eyes, I sunk back into the chair before returning to the nightmares which awaited.