Chapter 4

Being a photographer sometimes had its flaws. I had been working all day at the studio in the city and all I wanted to do, when I got home, was to change into an oversized sweater and listen to vinyls for the rest of the evening.

Driving down the street to my house, I pulled around the corner to see a figure standing outside my house. As I drove closer I could see that it was infact Alex. What was he doing here? I had only seen him yesterday. Not complaining though, seing as he was leant up against his motorbike, helmet in hand with his hair in a hot mess.

"Alex?! What are you doing here? I only saw you under 16 hours ago" I asked confussed, laughing at the same time. He smirked.

"Oh, though I might take ya to my house, see the guys. You know?"

"Urgh fine. Let me get changed first."

Letting Al into my front door, I walked into my room and closed the door behind me just incase Al was in a mood to 'walking' in 'accidently'.

Finally, i decided to wear some dark faded skinny jeans, a band tee and my trusty docs. It would have to do. Quickly, I clipped my hair into a low bun leaving my shorter layers to fall down the side of my face.

Walking out of my bedroom door, Alex was stood opposite waitiing. As soon as he saw me he was staring. "What? Have I got something on my top?" I asked him sounding worried.

He laughed. That sexy, husky laugh that made my heart flutter. "Oh no, You just look gorgeous" He replied smirking whilst looking me up and down.

"Like the view" I said jokingly whilst winking at him pretending to strike a model pose.

We walked outside and decided it would be quicker to get to his on his bike. Once he had got on, I tried to get up on the back, maybe needing a little 'help' from Alex but we won't go into details about that. So that I didn't fall off I had to wrap my arms around his waist tightley. That wasn't bad...Think he enjoyed it too.

As soon as we got to his, I jumped off the bike and rushed up to the door. Everything still looked the same as when I was last here. Suddenly the door opened and there stood Matt, Jamie and Nick. We were all so close and I hadn't seen them for what felt like so long. "GUYSSSS!" I shouted sounding very excited. They all laughed whilst they got bombarded with my hug. Group hugs were the best, especially with the Arctic Monkeys. After we all hugged, I started talking to Matt about how long ago we saw each other and everyone. well. The last time that I met Matt was in town for a coffee and catch-up two momths after I broke up with Al. It wasn't the best meeting because Matt had told me that Alex had been planning to propose to me a few weeks before we broke up. He never got the chance. I had never cried so much and of course, I was still pretty much heart broken anyway.

Walking into the sitting room, I noticed the radio was playing The Black Keys- Fever so I started dancing jokingly around the room. Al was watching me from the sofa and was laughing. Matt started to join in which made it too funny for me to dance anymore. Suddenly, a familiar voice rang through the music that came from the doorway.

"Ahh still a good dancer" The voice said jokingly.

Spinning around faster than ever before, I saw Miles in the doorway. Yes, Miles Kane.

"MILESS!!!" I screamed running towards him and engulfing him in a bear hug. I hardn't seen him for at least a year. We met so long ago at an Arctic Monkeys gig. As he was 'bffs' with Al, I soon got to know Miles very well and we became very good friends.

"O-k-a-y. Elle you can let go now" Miles breathed, obviously struggling because I was hugging him to tight.

"Oh sorry!" I giggled whilst everyone laughed at my reaction. "Sorry, uhh i hadn't seen you for soooooo long" I started to explain emphasising the 'so'.

For the rest of the evening, we all drank beer and joked around. After my last beer, I decided that I'd had enough and didn't want to ruin the evening by getting drunk. But that didn't stop Jamie and Matt and Nick from getting drunk. Infact, by the end of the night, Matt ended up passing out and ending up lying on the breakfast bar, somehow without his shirt on. Walking past, I burst out laughing at the sight of him. No way was I going to leave without taking a photo of this. Silently, I got my poloroid out of my bag and took a snap of the sight. The flash caused Matt to wake up and to fall on the floor just as the photo came out.

"What the fuck?" He mumbled to himself.

Wondering up the stairs of the house, I tried to find Al. Where was he? Opening what looked like his bedroom door, I strolled in. Nope, he wasn't here. Just then, I noticed some pictures, well a lot of pictures, stuck on his wall. They mainly consisted of poloroids and printed off pictures. Getting closer to the sea of photos, I noticed one to the far right. I laughed. How could I forget that photo? It was of me and Alex at somebodies house party. He had me in his arms and I was up in the air doing some sort of star shape. The photo next to it showed the moments after that lift and we were on top of each other collapsed on the floor in hysterics.

"Eh you remember that to hey?" The deep, husky voice came from behind me.

"Jeezzz Alex, stop doing that. You're making me jump!" I said jumping around.

He chuckled and walked towards me. "Heard you wanted to go back then?"

"Urm yeh, that okay?"

"Yep" Alex popped the 'p' at the end making me giggle.

After the short ride home, I let Al back into my house. Closing the door behind him, I came up behind him and hugged him. Resting my head on his shoulders, I felt him close his eyes as he held my delicate hands in his. He turned around breaking the hug for a short second before returning it with a larger hug where both of us were facing each other. No words were needed to be said. After a while of just embrassing one another he pulled away and lifted my chin with one of his fingers. I thought he was going to kiss me but then he spoke softly.

"I need to go back now Elle, but I'm sure that i will see you again this week" Slowly, he kissed my cheek. Closing my eyes, I felt his soft lips pull away from me and he stroked my cheek with his thum.

"Bye Al" Smilling, I showed him the door.

Did that just happen? I had to play it over and over in my head to convince myself thate he stroked my cheek with his thum and how he held my hands in his. Only yesterday had I walked into him by fate. Or was it.