Dos

Gabriel's POV

I watched as Veronica and Dominique walked out the kitchen. I couldn't believe my mother just said that to her. I felt my blood boil, but I couldn't say anything. Any word that comes out of my mouth could be evidence of how I feel about Dominique. I just choose not to talk to her, my brother thinks I hate her. He couldn't be more wrong, I love her. "Was that necessary?" Matteo asked our mother.

Matteo's veins were popping out of his forehead, he wasn't the type to get angry or question our mother, but she really did cross the line. I've learned to accept that Dominique and Matteo are going to be together forever, they have a kid together. Why couldn't our mother accept that? "Veronica has an eating problem, she couldn't have possibly done anything to fix it. Believe it or not, she is a better mother than you'll ever be."

My mother huffed and looked at me for some type of rescue, I put my hand up not coming in the middle of any of this. "Watch how you speak to your mother, child," my mother put her index finger in his face. "That girl is trouble, she doesn't deserve your love," she finished. I heard the front door slam shut, Dominique might have heard that. 

"You don't either," Matteo snapped back. He got up and took his keys off the countertop, "let's go," he said to me. We walked out the door and got into the back BMW, "gosh, I hate when she does that," Matteo said as he entered the car slamming the door.  I entered the passenger side still not saying anything to him. "Of course, you took her side. You hate Dominique," he said looking over at me.

"You know that's not true, bro," I told him. He nodded his head and started the car. None of them deserved each other to be honest, out of all the three of us, I didn't know who was worse. Me, Dominique, or Matteo. We were just all caught up in web of lies, I felt like I was in the middle of everything. Not felt like, I was in the middle of everything. I was forced to keep every ounce of them afraid I was going to hurt someone in the process if I let them out. 

"Anyway, enough about our monster of a mother," Matteo said as he sped up to the place I supposed we were meeting Alonso. "I set you up on a date this Friday," I huffed, was he serious? My brother loved setting me up with girls, he wanted me to find the love of my life, his words not mine. "She's cute, got a good job and she comes from a good family," he added. It's funny that he thought these were the qualities I looked for in a woman. 

"What did I say about trying to find me a girl?" I asked him. 

"You asked me to stop, but I won't until you find one. You're unhappy, Gabe and I don't know how to fix that," he said. I felt like telling him to find a way to fix his own family problems, but I kept myself from saying anything. How could he expect me to be happy when I have to watch him do all the things I wish I could do? I was in love with a girl I couldn't have, I kept comparing every girl to her. No girl could compare to her, they didn't have her smile, her laugh, her kindness, her compassion, her body, her perfect face,  they didn't have anything that she has. 

"Just please stop," I said. "Maybe I don't want to find the love of my life," I told him. "Maybe I just want to stay single and not get tied down with seven kids and a wife to take care of."

"I thought so too, that's why I hooked you up with that cute doctor," he said. "All she wanted was casual hookups, what was wrong with her again?" He asked. I choose not to answer his question, he already knew the answer to that. "She was blonde, she ate with her mouth open, and she liked to take control in bed," he listed the things I hated about her. "What man doesn't like a girl who takes control in bed?" 

"Me," I answered him. 

"Are you gay?" He asked me. "Just let me know if you are, I know a fine ass dude," he said. 

"I'm not gay," I told him. "I just want you to let me meet my own person on my own terms."

"Okay fine," he said giving up, "just go on this date on Friday, if you don't like her, I'll stop," he said. I looked over at him and nodded my head in agreement. He knew I wouldn't say no, it was our policy or our death trap. We could never say no to each other, maybe it's a part of our bond. He stopped the car and I looked at the dirty motel in front of me. 

I got out the car and walked inside, "he's in the basement," my brother informed me as we walked towards the basement. I walked in there and I spotted Alonso right away. He was with another young man I didn't recognize. I leaned on the wall and let my brother do the talking. I was never much a talker, "Alonso," my brother chuckled. "You've been lying to me and I don't like it," he added.

"I'm sorry Mr. Russo," he started. I would love to hear his excuse, "I had the money and it just, well-" he didn't know what to say.

"I thought you were robbed?" my brother asked him, "isn't that what you told me?" He asked. 

"Yes, I lied. This is Alec," he said pointing at the other young man. "He took the money so he owes you," Matteo laughed and turned and looked at me. I couldn't help but chuckle, I hate people who push others under the bus. "I'm a free man," he added.

"True," Matteo replied. "Where's my fucking money?" Matteo asked Alec. Alec scratched his head, I looked at them both. I hated the interrogation process, I walked and stood side by side with Matteo and looked at them both. I looked them in the eye, they didn't have the money and it wasn't going to be paid back anytime soon. Alonso looked at me scared, he knew what I was capable of. I reached for my gun in a swift motion, I held it up and shot Alec in his legs making sure he wasn't dead or anything. Matteo gasped, "are you serious?" He asked me.

"Thank you," Alonso said. I twirled the gun in my hand and pulled the trigger. I watched as the bullet hit Alonso's head and he dropped dead on the floor. I hate people who blame others, he saw it coming. 

Matteo pushed me against the wall, "Gabe, are you insane?" He asked me.

"No," I replied. "They didn't have the money," I said. 

"Don't you think I knew that, but you don't need to kill them. This is the third time this week you've shot someone and had no remorse whatsoever. You really need to see a therapist," I pushed him off me. He stumbled almost falling down, "what the heck's wrong with you?" He asked. "You've closed yourself to everyone at the house and you-"

"Why did you ask me to come with you?" I asked him.

"W-what?" He asked. 

"You asked me to come with you," I said pointing my finger at his face. "I kill Matteo, I pull the trigger and nothing else. You do not invite me to a meeting unless you want someone dead. Now, don't blame me for doing something you couldn't do."

"You are so," he stated.

"What?" I asked him, he doesn't answer my question. I put my gun in my waist again. I looked at my brother, "I'll find my own way to the office," with that I left the building. I took my phone out and got myself an uber. 

AN

Ever loved someone you couldn't have?

Au Revoir...