Veinte

Dominique's POV

"Babe, I forgot to tell you," Matteo said coming out of the closet dressed in new clothes. "Veronica's school called on Friday," I raised my eyebrow on why he didn't tell about this sooner. I put my book down, I finally figured out who the guy was cheating with. He was cheating with the maid, you can never trust anyone. She was cooking the food while sucking the husband's dick in her spare time. 

I laughed and shook my head thinking about it. "What happened?" I asked him. 

"The school's confused on why she's not eating during snack time and lunch. They also added how her weight has been decreasing and may or may not have said they would call the state," I gasped. I couldn't believe them. Did they really think we were not feeding our daughter? 

"Why didn't you tell me this about sooner?" I asked him. 

"I forgot," he told me. I huffed, "I'm sorry," he said. "They tried to call you, but you weren't answering, I guess you were at work," he said. I was working on Friday, thank goodness. "Don't worry, I told them about her anorexia, I'll give them a doctor's note tomorrow while I drop her off at school," he said. I nodded my head. The more time she spent this way, the more I realize this anorexia thing might be real. She was six years old for god's sake, she was so fragile and I couldn't believe this. Matteo took a seat on the tip of the bed, "I think this is getting out of control," he said.

"I know," I told him. We sat in silence until I got off the bed and threw some clothes on. "Her doctor suggested a psychiatrist, I'll set an appointment," I informed him. 

"Okay, hope that works," he sighed and passed his hands over his dark hair. I could tell this was bothering him especially the idea of state coming. He lived in foster care, he knew what it was like. 

"Anyways," he said getting up. "Today's last Sunday of the month, you know what that means," he said. I nodded my head. The last Sunday every month, his dad barbecued. We all ate lunch together in the backyard. It is really fun, it is the only time everyone just be themselves. Aurora is actually nice during the barbecue. "I'll be outside," Matteo left and walked out the door. I finished putting some clothes on and then walked out the room. It was around midday, Veronica was with her grandparents. They always loved spending that time together joking and whatnot. 

I walked down the hall, I was about to walk out the backyard when I was pulled. I was about to scream, the person put their hand over my mouth to keep me from yelling. The person turned around I noticed it was Gabriel. I sighed out of relief, I thought someone had broken into the house. He put his fingers on his lips telling me to stay silent. I nodded my head, he removed his hands from my mouth. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up the stairs, I followed him willingly knowing he wouldn't hurt me. 

He opened his room door and I entered with him. He let me go, I raised my eyebrow asking him why he did that. "I'm sorry," he told me. I nodded my head saying it was okay. If he wanted to talk to me, he could have just asked, he didn't have to kidnap me. I guessed since Matteo was mad at him, seeing him talking to me wouldn't be a good thing. He passed his hands through his dark hair seeming frustrated. I looked into his blue eyes asking him if he was okay. "Yesterday," he started. I knew what was coming. I gulped down, the kiss we shared yesterday. "I-I," he attempted to continue.

"It's fine," I told him. "I won't say anything, I just think we were both consume with lust and the opportunity. We weren't thinking straight," I said. I hope that was the truth. I believe we both were very aware of what we were doing. We knew the consequences of our actions, we knew we would be hurting someone we deeply cared about. Somehow, we couldn't resist, he was like an object my mom told me not to touch. I wanted to touch it, I wanted to feel it. 

He was a magnet and I was metal. He was pulling me towards him and I could not do anything to stop it. "I was," he blurted out. "I was thinking straight," he corrected. "I just," he passed his hand through his hair again. "I can't get you out of my mind, you're the first person I think of when I wake up, the last person I think about before falling asleep. I constantly want to be around you, I want to touch you. Dominique, I'm in love with you," he finished. 

I stared at him not believing he just told me that. He was supposed to be the sane one. The one that had everything under control. We were supposed to agree it was lust that kept pushing us towards each other and stay away from each other. Of course, I loved him, I was crazy about him, it hurt that I couldn't express my emotions around him, but I knew better. I knew better than to let him know because we could never be anything other than in-laws. Even if Matteo and I were to break up, we could never be anything.

I dated his brother, Matteo would be furious and he was the father of my daughter. I didn't want to be the slut that slept with both brothers. What hurts most is the fact that I loved and cared about Matteo. His blue eyes were full of hope waiting for what I would say next. I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know what he wanted me to say. 

I sighed and tried to stay calm and sane. "You're crazy," I told him the first thing that came out of my mind. He was crazy if he thought he could just drop a bomb like that and expect me to react to it. I looked at the door, I pushed passed him and walked out. I slammed the door. I let out a deep breath, I passed my hands over my face and tried to put on my best face. 

I ran down the stairs, I wasn't looking where I was going, I bumped into someone, "babe, why are you running?" He asked. 

"I-," I shook my head telling him nothing. 

"Dominique, wait I didn't mean to-" I heard Gabriel start. He stopped dead on his tracks when he spotted Matteo. 

"What happened?" Matteo asked looking at Gabriel then at me.