Cincuenta y cinco

Matteo's POV

I walked up to him looking at his face; I spent weeks waiting for him. Now that he was here, everything seemed so unnecessary. I looked at his sorry face, someone surely did a number on him. I removed the small paper from his mouth. He coughed and he looked at me as his hair fell on his face. He had to be no more than twenty. "You're one of the Russos, aren't you?" He questioned. I took a seat across from him and I nodded my head. "Pablo said you would try something, I didn't expect you guys to kidnap me though," he looked down at his tied hands and feet. "Now, what do you want?"

"Nothing really, I just need Pablo's location and you are free to go. I'm sure your mom is now worried about you," I said. 

"I doubt it," he said. "What do you want with Pablo and you must think I'm a fool if you assumed I'd just give you the address. Now, you should let me go, it's been what weeks and I for a fact know that Pablo already knows I'm missing and he is probably planning something against your family," I sighed and looked around the warehouse. 

"You enjoy working with someone who messes with families?" I asked him. No matter how evil someone is, they oftentimes value family and children. What happened to doing no harm to children? 

"When they mess with ours, yes," he replied. "I'm guessing you are referring to your family, I found Pablo's work quite intelligent if you ask me. He did not do anything wrong, he simply put your family's secret out," he moved his head sending his dark hair to the back. "I am going to ask this one more time, let me go," he said. "If you're not, at least untie me," he added. I called the two men that were standing on each corner and told them to untie him. 

He looked at his hands and relaxed a bit, "are you ready to talk now?" I asked, "I want Pablo or your mother will not be very happy," I said. I knew I was taking it to far, but I was no longer in the mood to play. "Luciana Valez," I repeated his mother's name "I hear that she is making her favorite dinner tonight," I snapped one of my fingers and one of the men came with a tablet showing him his mother on the phone in the kitchen. 

We had cameras all over her house and we had been following him ever since. He groaned and let out a sigh, "what happened to not messing with families?" He questioned. 

"Not when they mess with mine," I answered him. He nodded his head and chuckled. "And Pablo messed with mine, but you know that already, don't you?" I questioned. He nodded his head, "you know I don't care about the stupid feud he was having with my parents, I doubt they still care, but the moment he messed with my sister, he crossed the line."

"You have a sister?" He asked, "always thought it was just you and your brother," he said. "Never met her."

"Of course you haven't," I said. He never met me until now, "you probably weren't even born yet when she died," it had been fifteen years, he must have been a little boy. 

"Died?" He asked, I nodded my head. "I'm sorry, one of my brothers died in an accident last year and I know how it feels to lose a sibling," he said. I could tell he did not know the full story of what happened between Pablo and my family and I did not have time to tell him the full story. 

"Yeah," I replied, "now she's dead because of Pablo, give me the address please," he paused for a second looking around. "My sister would really appreciate it. And let's be honest, it's been weeks and you are literally in a warehouse near my pharmacy and I am not hiding you, but Pablo still has not come to get you. How much does he really care about you?" I asked him. 

"I don't know, you tell me," he said. "Pablo's staying in room two-thirty at the Melrose hotel, just leave my mother alone," he said getting up from the chair. "Am I free to go now?"

"You know the drill," I said, "not until I find him, but enjoy, I have somewhere to be," I called over the men and they tied him down again. Just then the door opened and in came Erika. 

"What's taking so long?" She asked. I smiled and got up my seat. I exited the warehouse and Erika did the same. "You have Veronica's appointment in thirty minutes, remember?" She asked me looking down at her watch. I nodded my head, I found it surprising that she remembered when I told her about it in a rush yesterday. "You have to go, did you get Pablo's location?" She asked.

"Yes, room two-thirty at the Melrose," she nodded her head and wrote it down. 

"I got this, just go," she told me. 

"Thank you," I said. I gave her a quick hug and rushed to my car. The clinic was a long drive from here and I might be late.

'''''''

"You're late," Dominique whispered to my ear as I took a seat on the sofa. We were still in the waiting room; it's not like the doctor had shown up. 

"I had something to do," I whispered back. Veronica came and took a seat on my lap playing with my hair. 

"More important than Veronica?" She asked. I turned and looked at her and shook my head. I found it weird that we stopped living in the same place for a week and everything was already falling apart. She would not stop coming up with excuses as to what I was and was not doing for Veronica. According to her, I was not even making enough time for her. The doctor then came in and called Veronica's name.

Veronica already knew the drill, she spent the first thirty minutes talking to her alone then the rest talking to all of us. I heard talking to her alone helped to see where she was without trying to remove something afraid her parents would do something. I watched as Veronica walked with the doctor towards her office. "Don't do that," I told Dominique, "you try to start an argument everytime you see me," I told her. "Do you really think I even want to see you?" I asked her, "I don't, but I do it for Veronica."

"Well good because I do not want to see you either," she said. 

"You're mad because of Erika," I said, I sighed, "you moved in with my brother," I told her. "We are not together and yes Erika is going to have my child. It will not change anything between Veronica and I," I assured her. "Now stop using Veronica as an excuse to cause an argument. I don't talk about you and Gabe so leave Erika and I alone."

I turned and looked at her, she did not say another word. Sometimes I thought not talking about it would make it less painful, but my mind was still thinking about it. I do not believe there is a way to forget about how the two people you trusted with your life betrayed you. There is no way to forget about how your brother took your girl.

AN

Guys, please check out my new book called Undercover, please... I would greatly appreciate it...

Au Revoir...