Cuarenta y uno

Matteo's POV

I knew she was lying to me. I should have told her I knew she was not at Camila's house, but somehow I kind of enjoyed her begging me to speak with her. She was now laying on top of me, I looked at the woman I love. I couldn't picture her ever cheating on me and maybe Gabriel was right. He had said I was just being paranoid when I told him about her cheating and he was right. 

This was Dominique, I have known her for over a decade, she would never in a million years be with another man while we were still together. She hated her mother for cheating on her father. She was about to get off of me when I pulled her. I flipped us around leaving me on top. I attacked her neck, "you can stop apologizing when you tell me the truth," I whispered to her ear. I continued to kiss her neck, we would deal with the lie after this. 

I wanted her, I needed her almost. I have never spent this long in my entire life without getting some type of release. My penis was now erect and I knew if I did not ejaculate, I would have a big problem. I was about to take her shirt off when she stopped me, "what's wrong?" I questioned. 

From her facial expression, I could tell she did not want to do this. Somehow I felt bad, I wonder if she thought I was putting too much pressure on her for sex. "I-I," she started. Perhaps she did not enjoy sex anymore or me, I did not matter at this point. Or she might be getting it somewhere else because I for one knew she had needs. "I'm on my period," she quickly blurted out. That was a lie, I knew it and she knew it too.

It was the end of the month and she usually had her period at the beginning of the month. When she's on her period, everyone knows. She experiences a great deal of pain and sometimes she does not even get out of bed. She was wearing white shorts and she does not wear white on her period because she is a heavy bleeder. Now, I had my answer, she was definitely cheating. She pushed me lightly to get off and I did as I was told. She left the bed and went outside the room.

I sighed and laid on the bed, I think I now had blue balls. My balls were aching with pain. I took my hand reaching for my penis under my short then realized how ridiculous I was being. I was really going to resort to masturbating, the thing I have never done in my entire life. I was pathetic, I am Matteo Russo, sex was practically given to me. Now I felt guilty for stepping out in my relationship to satisfy my needs, what was she doing to me? I groaned and got off the bed still in pain, I grabbed my towel and walked into the shower. 

I was hoping a warm shower would make me feel better.

After my shower, it was time for dinner and we were having pizza. Unlike many Americans, I did not enjoy pizza, I missed Amy. If she was here, we probably could be having a real meal. Everyone was silent, they seemed miserable. It looked like they all had their own shit to deal with. Domonique was here barely eating, Gabe was silent also scrolling through his phone which according to my dad was a big no at the dinner table. My dad did not try to tell him no, but he just ate his food. He was mad at Gabriel and I after all. 

I felt sorry for bringing up his cheating when I knew he regretted it, but he should not have been bothering Gabe for being with someone that made him happy. I was encouraging my brother to have an affair with a woman who was married and who had a kid for god's sake, I needed some sense to be knocked into me. Wasn't this the same thing with Dominique? I wonder if the person she has been sneaking to see knew she was in a relationship, I wonder if the person knew she had a daughter. 

Somehow I wanted to forget how wrong that was for my brother. He had not been happy in a long time and all I ever wanted was for him to be happy. He said he loved this person a word I thought he would never repeat. What was so wrong with it? Why didn't my father want his son to be happy? 

My mom was not in the mood today either, it probably was because she and dad had an argument. I did not know why we were still forced to have dinner as a family together when none of us wanted to be here. I'm sure most of us wanted to be in our own little space dealing with our problems. I decided I've had enough and got up. The sound of my chair moving caused everyone to look at me. 

I ignored them and walked into my room. I turned the television on and put it on Mickey Mouse. Because of Veronica, I actually have grown to love this show again. It reminded me of when I was a little boy, everything was so simple back then. I had dreams, I thought I could fly, but now nothing was possible. Everything had changed and they would never be the same. 

'''''''

"Mr. Russo," Paige who worked as a secretary in front said as she entered my office. I looked up raising my eyebrow. "You have a call on line two," she said. 

"Line two?" I asked. It wasn't the line, but the call itself. I barely used my work phone, I think I just had it there for show. 

"Yes, they tried to call your cell phone," my phone had been off since I came here knowing no one important would call me. Dominique would not call my phone, she did not even answer my calls anymore. 

"Who's they?" I asked her. 

"St. Jean Academy," she answered me. I was surprised, it was Veronica's school. Why would they go to all that trouble, besides they had Dominique's number on file to call first if there an issue. I nodded my head and Paige left. Maybe Veronica just punched someone's kid again, she did do that one time. 

"Hello," I picked up the phone. "You got Matteo Russo," I added. 

"Yes, we are sorry to disturb you Mr. Russo, but this is concerning your daughter," they started. 

"Did she hit someone again?" I asked. 

"No, I'm sorry to inform you that she has..."