Viente y seis

Matteo's POV

I sat outside my car and stared at the house in front of me. Dominique's car was in the driveway indicating she was home, I wondered what she was doing right now. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and waited for the call. I would get it, it was like clockwork; Erika called every day at this time. After a few seconds, my phone started to ring. I answered it putting it in my ear. "Hello," I said on the line. 

"Hey," she answered. Her voice didn't sound like her usual happy self, but I couldn't care right now. I had to try to see passed my love for her. She meant a lot to me, she truly did, but I couldn't keep doing this. Our relationship was not healthy for either of us, she didn't want anything serious and I did. I didn't want to just be her sex puppy or something. She didn't say anything else on the line, I could hear her breathe.

I sighed and opened my mouth to say what I wanted and needed to. "I'm sorry," I told her. "You'll be mad, but please try to understand me and why I am doing this," I said. I quickly hung up the phone before she has a chance to ask questions. I clicked on her contact info, I scrolled down to the past asking if I wanted to block contact. I sighed and clicked on it to block her. 

I felt like I blocked a piece of my heart. I knew it was the right thing, I sighed and opened my car door and walked out. I put my key in the doorknob and opened the door. I heard talking at a distance from the stairs. I walked there since I have to go through there to get to my room. As I walked closer I spotted Dominique, I gasped, her hair was cut short and it was red not her natural black. "What happened?" I asked as I approached her. 

Please tell me an accident happened that she didn't do it on purpose. She turned and looked at me. "I cut it," she answered as if it wasn't a big deal. My brother was leaning on the stairwell staring at us. 

"Why?" I questioned wanting the reason. She stared at me raising her eyebrows as if asking if I was serious.

"I-" she started. She paused, "Because I wanted to," she answered. She then walked away to the hallway our room was located. She wanted to? I turned and looked at my brother. He huffed and shook his head at me. He then walked away to the kitchen. I frowned and walked to our room to get to the bottom of this hair mess. I opened the door to find Dominique sitting her back to me staring at the window again. 

I sighed and closed the door behind me. "Dominique," I called her taking a seat next to her on the bed. 

"It's my hair, I can cut and do whatever the fuck I want with it. You don't have to like it," she said still not looking at me. 

"I never said I didn't like it. It looks good," I said honestly. She did look good with it, she resembled Rihanna. She turned looking at me with a smile. "But you can't just go and cut your hair," I told her. It was her hair, who cuts their hair without thinking about it beforehand. She would probably go to regret her decision. 

"It's my hair," she told me again. 

"I know," I replied. "Babe," I touched her shoulder. "You're changing," I told her. "You are staring at windows and you are awkward around me and you cut your hair?" I asked her. "Are you having a mid-life crisis or something?" I asked. She turned and stared at me. She probably didn't know how serious my question was. The old Dominique wouldn't have cut her hair unless she spent a month talking about it, researching it, and thinking about the options. 

"I don't know," she answered me. She got up from the bed and started pacing around the room. I sit there and watched her as she went back and forth. "My life is falling apart," she said. I looked at her, she took a seat on one of the corners and brought her knees up to her face. She put her head down and stared at the floor. I got up and squat next to her, I've never seen her react this way before. 

"What do you mean your life's falling apart?" I asked her. Her life seemed pretty stable except her quick change in personality. I tapped her shoulders and made her look me in the eye. Tears were forming in her eyes. "Babe, you're scaring me," I said. A tear fell down her cheek, I wiped it away. 

"I don't know who I am anymore," she said. 

"Yes you do," I told her. "You're Dominique, you're sweet, kind, gentle, the best mother to our daughter and the best girlfriend a man could ever ask for," she huffed and put her head down again. "Why don't we spend the day together tomorrow, huh?" I asked. 

"I-" she didn't answer me. 

"I'll be just Veronica, me and you. The three of us, we'll show you who you are, okay?" I asked her.  She nodded her head slowly, I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. She set her head on my collarbone. 

"I'm so sorry, Matt," she whispered in my ear. 

"For what?" I asked her. 

"Everything," she answered, I pulled away and looked at her face. I got off the floor and grabbed her hand. She got up also. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I told her. She nodded her head.