Viente y ocho

Gabriel's POV

I rubbed my eyes from staring at my computer for so long. I looked at the time, I have been on this for hours now. I was trying to find the guy, why did Matteo give it to me? Now I was mad, maybe I should kill him when I find him for making me work so hard for this. I have hacked to every database I can think of. I sighed and passed my hands through my face once again. 

I decided to go downstairs to get something to drink. I walked out of my room; as I walked down the stairs I heard the front door opened. The door closing was followed by laughter; I quickly registered it to be of Matteo, Veronica, and Dominique. Her laugh sounded like music to my ear. I sneaked my way into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. When I tried to make my way back upstairs, I ran into Matteo and Dominique; he was telling her something and she was laughing. 

I rolled my eyes, I wondered what was so funny. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, it was her boyfriend, he could make her laugh as much as he wanted. I gave them both a smile and ran up the stairs. I went to my room and grabbed a joint, I really needed to clear my head. I lit it up and went to my balcony. I started inhaling and exhaling the plant which I had convinced myself was healthier than cigarettes over the years.  "Gabriel," I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Dominique standing at the frame of the glass door. 

I moved my hand telling her to come, she leaned on the balcony next to me. "What's up?" I asked her. 

"Um..." she sounded like she was unable to speak. I looked over at her, "nothing," she said. "So, about what you said," she began.

"Dominique," I called her. "You should go, my brother's probably wondering where you are and forget what I said, okay? It was a mistake telling you how I felt, there was no point to it," I sighed and put my hands on the smoke coming from the weed getting rid of the little fire that was left. 

She was standing there speechless of my words. It was a mistake telling her how I felt, I didn't know what I was thinking. It was not like we could ever be together, she was my brother's girl. She grabbed my hand and tippytoed slamming her lips into mine. She wrapped her hands around my neck passing her hand through my dark hair. I wondered if she knew we were standing on the balcony and anyone could see us. 

Maybe she knew and she didn't care, I did not give a crap either. Her lips felt amazing on mine, I wanted her, I needed her. I pushed her inside the house so we could have some privacy, my room was right in the corner, somehow we found our way there. I broke my kiss and looked her in the eye, "Dominique, we shouldn't be doing this," I told her. 

"I know, I just-" she said. We kept staring at each other. I held onto her waist, I rubbed my hands on her bare skin as her shirt rose up. I bit my button lip, I could not do this. I knew it was wrong, she was my brother's girl part of me kept telling myself; however, my flesh was betraying me every second she was this close to me. I kissed her, she did not hesitate to return it. 

Before I knew it our tongues was inside each other's exploring each other's mouth. I removed my lips from her mouth and started kissing her neck, a moan escaped her mouth. That only made me want her more, my hands were on her body touching each part. She had a shirt on, I wanted it off, it was blocking me from having full access to her beautiful body. I pulled her shirt off throwing it on my bed. I then pushed her until her body was on the bed. I started kissing her again going down to her chest, touching her breasts. When I reached below her breast I froze and stopped, she had a tattoo of three stars. 

It wasn't that I was surprised she had a tattoo. She was no stranger to having body inks and piercings. Her belly is pierced and she has a tattoo of Veronica's name on her arm. It was the fact, the tattoo was so well hidden and I knew about it. My brother told me about it, she had gotten it the day she turned eighteen. I was not supposed to know about it because I have never seen her with just her bra on, but I did. It only reminded me that my brother has probably seen all part of her body, not probably, he had. I pulled away and sat up on my bed, "you okay?" She asked me. 

"Yeah," I lied, "um... you should go," I told her. She looked at me weirdly raising her eyebrows. "I'm sorry, I have a lot of work to do," I point to my computer which was still open on my desk. She looked over at it and nodded her head. I knew she didn't believe me, I felt her move on the bed. 

I did not dare turn around to look at her. After a few seconds, she got off the bed. I heard her footsteps and then the door slamming. I sighed and rubbed my eyes again. The same tattoo that stopped me from getting what I wanted might have saved my life. I cursed under my breath, I got up and grabbed my phone going to the gym which was by my room. I put on some music and set my phone down, I needed to exercise or do anything to take my mind off of her. 

I grabbed two weights and sat down to start, I started and the music paused for a moment and my phone vibrated. I reached for my phone to see who texted. It was my dad with a text saying come here. 

He was no stranger to texting me when he was also inside the house. I put the weights down and made my way down the stairs. I ran into my brother coming out of his room. "Dinner's in thirty minutes, please be there. I cannot hear mom complaining about it anymore," he said as he walked passed me. I nodded my head and made my way to my dad's room. 

I tried to avoid looking into his eyes knowing I was just making out with his girlfriend. I opened my dad's room to see him standing painting a new piece. It was Ella again, who else? "Dad, what's up?" I asked him. He gestured for me to come in and I did so closing the door behind me. He continued to paint and I just stared at him. "We were eleven," I said out of nowhere. He turned and raised his eyebrow. "We were eleven when she died, her teeth had grown back and she did not wear princess dresses anymore. She didn't wear her hair in pigtails anymore, she liked to wear it in a bun because she liked pulling her hair when she was hungry. Her hair being in a bun prevented some of the damage of the hair pulling," I never told him what was wrong with his painting before. 

However, I was angry now and it irritated me to see Ella right now. "I know, I was her father, I know her age," he said continuing to paint. 

"What do you want, dad?" I asked him. 

"Your brother is so much like me," he commented. He needed to explain it more, he was so much like my father. "But you," he pointed his index finger at me. "I thought you were different," he said. I raised my eyebrow at what he was getting at. "My brother and I no longer talk to each other. Growing up we were always at each other's throat. Part of me regrets not creating a relationship with him. I was so glad to see Matteo and you weren't the same way, I've watched you guys have each other's backs over the years."

"Dad, I talked to him," I said knowing he might be getting at why I was not speaking to him. 

"I know," he said. "Matteo told me he punched you because of butting in his relationship with Dominique. I thought it was stupid, I thought he was mistaken, it was you, you would never do anything to purposely hurt him. That was until the Lord opened my eyes," he stopped. 

"The Lord opened your eyes?" I asked him with a chuckle. I haven't heard any of my family members refer to God, Lord, and certainly not Jesus in a positive light before. My family was never the religious type, but we did believe in a higher power until Ella died. Everyone blamed God saying if He truly was real, He would not have taken an innocent life. Ella was just a baby, she did not deserve to die; nevertheless, I do believe everything happened for a reason. 

"Yes," he replied as if it was a normal thing. He put the paintbrush down and gave me his full attention. "Gabe, are you sleeping with your brother's girlfriend?"