Diecisiete

Dominique's POV

"This place is packed," Gabriel said as we walked in the flea market. I simply nodded my head. I don't even think I remember where my dad's tent is. The sun was hot and I was sweating despite me wearing shorts and a tank top. Gabriel decided to wear dark jeans and a dark shirt, I can only imagine how he must be feeling right now. "It's hot," he commented.

"We're in Florida," I said to him. 

"Ah ha, very funny," he hit me gently with his shoulders. Nothing too strong, but enough for me to feel it. I look at him and smile. "Do you even remember where your dad's tent is?" He asked me.

"Yes," I lied. I stopped in the middle then saw a vendor I recognized, I walked towards her, then immediately spotted my dad. When he saw me smiled with all his face. "Hey papa," I said giving him a big hug. I haven't seen him in weeks mostly because I try to avoid seeing any of my family. 

"Nique," he said. "Is it you?" He pulled away looking at my face. I laughed, he was always exaggerating stuff. "How are you?" He asked me in his thick accent. 

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked him.

"Great that you are here," he replied. "Come," he told us. We got off the streets and entered the tent so we wouldn't get hit by some angry person. 

"Oh papa," I said remembering I was with someone, "this is Gabriel, he's Matteo's brother," I told him. My dad smiled at him and gave him his hand to shake, Gabriel shook it and smiled. I took a seat on one of the chairs my dad had there. I called Gabriel over so he could sit.

"You're Italian?" My dad asked Gabriel. My dad always wanted to inquire questions from people. At least he didn't ask him if he was Dominican, my dad would then ask him where he was from. Then my dad would say how he knew his family, according to my dad he knows everyone from the Dominican Republic. 

"No," he answered. "I'm American," he replied, "my dad's Italian though," he added.

"Wha about your mom?" My dad asked. I tried to get his attention to tell him not to reveal that to my dad. This conversation was about to take a whole another shift. 

"She's Cuban," he said. I put my hands on my head not wanting to hear it. My dad huffed shaking his head, a customer came and he went to take care of them. "Why did he huff?" Gabriel asked, "What's wrong with Cubans?" He asked.

"My mom's Cuban," I answered him. If it was Matteo he wouldn't need me to tell him anymore.

"So?" He asked me.

"My mom cheated on my dad and lied to him for years so he thinks all Cubans are liars and cheaters," it was so wrong of him to think like that, but it was. That's why I made sure to never mention that Matteo was half Cuban. My dad would be convinced that Matteo would lie and cheat on me, it doesn't sound so bad now. 

"Mhmm," Gabriel said looking at my dad, "makes sense."

"How does that make sense?" I asked him, "you cannot judge an entire nation base on one person. I'm half Cuban, does that mean I'm a liar and a cheater-" I paused when I realized my dad could be right. "Don't answer that," I told him. He nodded his head, "cheaters and liars," I murmured under my breath. 

''''''''

"Bye papa, it was so nice to see you," I told my dad giving him a hug. 

"You too honey," he said. 

"Nice to meet you, sir," Gabriel said to him.

"You too, let's just hope you and your brother didn't get your mom's genes," I huffed and rolled my eyes. "Love you too," he said to me. I waved my hand at him and we started walking looking around and making our way out of the flea market. A big crowd came, Gabriel looked like he was one minute away from dying. I grabbed his hands and started running until we made it out. 

"That was fun," I said as we stood on the sidewalk. Gabriel laughed, he looked down at our hands. I  was still holding his hand, our hands fitted together so perfectly. I smiled thinking about it. I removed my hand giving him his freedom, "there's the bathroom," I said pointing to it. He turned around looking at it, he had mentioned earlier he had to go.

"Thank you," he said. "I'll be right back," I nodded my head and stood there and watched as he walked into the men's room. A body bumped into mine and I turn around.

"I am so sorry," she apologized. I looked at her, a girl probably around my age, she had dark hair flowing down her back. "I'm a little clumsy," she chuckled, I chuckled also looking at her. She wore a pencil skirt and a tank top, damn she looked good. "I'm Erika," she handed me her hand to shake. 

"I'm Dominique," I told her. 

"Such a unique name," she commented. I nodded my head, she stared behind me. I turned and saw Gabrel coming towards me when I turned back around, she was no longer there. Weird, I looked around to see if I saw her but she was gone.

"Everything okay?" Gabriel asked me.

"It's just...yeah," I refrained myself from telling him about it. I might sound crazy. "Let's go," I told him. We walked to the parking lots and into the car. After the long drive, we finally arrived home. Aurora's car was in the parking lot, I guess she came back. Gabriel pulled the key out of the ignition, we both sat there in silent. "Thank you," I said out of nowhere. "For taking me to see my dad," I added.

"No problem," he replied with a smile to die for. I looked around and then at him, I wrapped my arms around his neck giving him a hug. His body felt so stiffened as if no one has ever hugged him before. I was really grateful for what he did. I missed my dad very much and if it wasn't for him I would have seen him today. 

I pulled away and he stared into my eyes, maybe I had made a mistake hugging him. He seemed like a private person who didn't like people touching him physically. His mouth was slightly open, he seemed in deep thought like he was having a debate with himself. He leaned towards me and grabbed my chin. He brought my face to his and he kissed my lips gently.

I didn't know how to react, the moment we tried so hard to avoid just happened except this time I didn't start it. His lips felt so good on mine just like they did ten years ago. They were soft yet rough, I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him back hungrily. I have been hungry for this kiss and now I was getting it, we fought with each other's tongues. He pulled my body on him, he placed kisses down my jawline. 

I pulled my head back letting him do his work, he moved his hands all over my body. He reached into my shirt, he grabbed my breast and started playing with it. He was doing limited things but the pleasure he bough to my body was unlimited right now. He looked into my eyes, we both knew we wanted each other. We were tired of pretending, I just wanted him right then and there, I could think of the consequences later. 

We heard a car entering the driveway, I quickly got off him and sat on the passenger seat where I was. This was the second time today I was left sexually frustrated. It was Matteo, I passed my hands over my face. I was panicking, what if he saw us? "The windows are tainted, he won't see you," Gabriel told me making me feel better. 

Matteo got out of the car, he was on the phone. He leaned on the door talking. He seemed happy, he chuckled on the phone and shook his head. He turned and looked at Gabriel's car, I wonder if he could see us. He kept his eyes fixed on it for a minute, he then reverted his eyes. He hung up the phone. He scrolled through his phone for a while, then he smiled at his phone. "Daddy!" I heard Veronica say coming out of the house. Matteo put his phone in his pocket quickly and picked up Veronica. 

I watched as they talked and laughed then walking back inside. I turned and looked at Gabriel, he was staring out into the parking lot, I sighed and grabbed my bag and left the car.