Tres

Dominique's POV

"Bitch shut the fuck up," I told Camila after her crazy story. "You finna get yourself killed one day," I added. Camila was one of my closest friends, but her wild and uncontrollable mouth was going to get her into big trouble one day.

"All I said was his mouth stank," she said defending herself. I couldn't but laugh, "apestan mucho," I shook my head not even wanting to think about. It's what you get for trying to go to clubs and hook up with mere strangers. Camila was so busy with work that she didn't have time to go out and actually meet people, so she was not a stranger to going to clubs and sleeping with a random man. 

I couldn't do that, the thought of letting a stranger touch my body seemed yuck. But, who am I to talk? "Detener sexo con un hombre al hazar," I replied to her. 

"You know what my mama said?" She asked me. I looked over at her waiting for her to continue as I get myself ready to leave this place and see some real light instead of fluorescent lights. "She said you're not Hispanic," she told me. I looked at her not that surprises that her mama would think that. Her mom was what I called old school and racist. She believed one thing and no one could change her mind. 

"I'm not even going to say anything, just tell her that afro-latinos deserve some love also," I replied. I'm tired of people saying I wasn't Hispanic when I was raised as one simply because of the way my skin looks. I'm from the Dominican Republic and I only moved here when I was about ten, the Dominican Republic is the only country my family has ever known and it's such a shame that the other Hispanics who look white don't acknowledge us. 

"Yeah," she said seeming in deep thought for a  moment. "Didn't you have to pick up, Veronica?" She asked. 

"No, Gabriel's picking her up," I said thinking about what he had done this morning. These are the things that increased my feelings for him every day. I shook the thought out, he could never be mine, he was my daughter's father's brother. We only shared one kiss years ago, the same kiss I wish we could share again. At first, I thought it was nothing except my feelings really wouldn't go away. I couldn't even be in the same room alone with him for more than a minute. 

"Aww, he's so sweet," she said. 

"You're still going on the date with him on Friday, right?" I asked just to double check that she wouldn't bail on him for some random guy. 

"Yes, I just don't get one thing. If he's as handsome as Matteo, why are you guys setting him up for a blind date? I'm sure he can find his own date," that was true. 

"He's really busy with work," I lied. I got up from my desk now ready to leave. Gabriel wasn't so busy, but I didn't know why he wouldn't meet a girl. Matteo's worried about him and I'm worried about my friend finding a man so I decided to set them up together. If only she knew, we kind of have something for each other. I made sure to keep that part out, I haven't mentioned it to anyone. If Gabriel met someone, I might forget about him totally. 

"Okay," she replied. We made our way out of the building, we walked to the parking and walked to our cars. "I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked her since we walked in the same place and I wouldn't miss work. She chuckled and put her long dark hair into a ponytail.

"Love you too!" She yelled as she entered her car. I laughed again and got in my car also, I put the key in the ignition and sped my way home. I missed my baby and I couldn't wait to hear what she learned from the museum. It was funny of how little things made her happy. I laughed in my head. After my twenty-five minutes drive, I reached the mansion I call home. Matteo's car wasn't in the parking lot, he must be stuck at work. 

I opened the door and the house was silent, I knew something was wrong, Veronica didn't run to me at the door. It was the best thing I looked forward to when I reached home, it was her small feet running to me and hugging me. As I passed the living area, I heard the television playing. I walked into the living area, cartoons were playing on the television as Veronica laid on Gabriel's lap asleep. Gabriel also was sleeping, his head was resting on the sofa, their light snores can be heard. I stared at them both, for some odd reason it brought joy into my heart to see them like this.

I stared at Gabriel, his handsome face, his beautiful dark hair, his chest and abs can be seen in his tight shirt. Gabriel's body moved slowly and opened his eyes to spot me staring at him. He looked down to see Veronica sleeping on his lap, his sleepy confused face looked so adorable. I put my stuff down and went to grab Veronica to put her to bed but he stopped me. "I got her," he said.

"No," I declined. "I can put her to bed."

"I know you can," he said. I paused, again we were stuck in an unpleasant but pleasant situation. I was bent down trying to pick up my daughter while he stared at me. My body started betraying me, my heart was now beating a million beats a second, I could feel myself starting to sweat and shake. I gulped down awkwardly and got up, he picked up Veronica gently and walked her to her room. I followed him there to make sure everything was okay. He put her down on the bed gently and put her Minnie Mouse blanket over her small body.

He turned around his eyes landing on me standing by the door frame. He gave me an awkward smile and left. "Gabriel," I called him before he has a chance to escape to his room upstairs. He rotated, "thank you," I told him. He nodded his head and then left. I watched as he walked down the long hall, God what is wrong with me? Why do I lose control everytime I'm around him? 

I have a boyfriend who loved me dearly and I loved dearly. I walked to Veronica's bed and kissed her forehead. I closed her door slowly making sure not to wake her. I walked into my room and stripped my clothes off wanting to hop in the shower to wash away the busy day. 

My door opened, I didn't bother turning around knowing it was Matteo. Only Matteo and Veronica entered the room without knocking and she was currently sleeping. "That's a nice view you got there," he said as he walked closer to me. He hugged me from behind grabbing my breast in the process. "How was your day, sweetheart?" He asked. 

"Good," I answered back letting out a sigh. "How was yours?" I asked him this time. 

"Okay," he simply said. I could hear the pain in his voice, it only meant one thing. He was always sad when someone died in front of him. It was an ironic thing considering the type of job he did. However, he was like Four from Divergent, one of his biggest fears is watching people get killed or killing people. 

"What his or her name?" I asked him. It always made him feel better when he described the people.

"Alonso," he replied. I nodded my head, it went silent. He played with my breasts, it felt really good. It was a stress reliever for my busy day, but there was one problem. I couldn't stop talking about his brother.I couldn't help but wish it was Gabriel touching me like that. I closed my eyes hoping that his face would get out of my head. When I opened them, it was like he was right in front of me. I removed Matteo's hand from my breasts. He groaned, I turned around and gave his lips a peck.

"I'm sorry baby, not tonight," I told him. "I'm a little bit tired, I just want to shower and take a nap before Veronica wakes up," I added. He nodded his head, he kissed my forehead. I smiled and grabbed my towel walking to the bathroom. I closed the door and stared at myself in the mirror. I was going to the dark side thinking about my boyfriend's brother like that.

AN

Apestan mucho = Stinks a lot 

Detener sexo con un hombre al hazar= Stop having sex with random man

Au Revoir...