Cincuenta y tres

Gabriel's POV

I took his hand and set the gun in it, "do whatever you want," I told him. I probably was exaggerating a bit, but I really wanted him to do whatever he wanted. I deserved anything he felt like giving me, I wanted him to do something. Somehow, I felt like we would be even if he did something. He looked down at the gun in his hand and shook his head. I did not know if that meant he wouldn't or if he just was purely disappointed.

"We both know that Dominique and I have a complicated relationship; I haven't been faithful to her and I would never ask her to do the same. Does it hurt that she might cheat on me?" He asked, I did not know if that question was meant for me to answer, "yeah, it does, I have an ego and it hurts my ego and it kind of breaks my heart, really," he admitted. "However, I could get over that, you know why?" He questioned.

I opened my mouth and did not know what to say. I did not even know the answer to the question, "because she's just a woman," he said, "there are more fish in the sea, because she is just a random person I happened to meet, because she's not my family," he said. "My morals are pretty fucked up, but I would never in a million years mess with someone I know you are dating, someone who is the mother of your child. We both had done some fucked up things to each other over the years, but you crossed the line," he said.

I nodded my head understanding, I did cross the line. All he needed was for me to be his brother and I could not do that. I betrayed him, I hurt him. "I don't even know you anymore," he said. I felt my heart break, I tried to hold my composure. I know I shouldn't be acting like some little girl, but nothing felt worse than him saying these words to me. All I always wanted was for him to be proud of me; it was Matteo, he has been my best friend, my brother, my savior, and my life in a way. He has sacrificed so much for me and all I did was hurt him back. "So," he said.

He moved the gun in his hand, I looked at him. Wait, was he really going to shoot me with it. He pointed the gun up and my heart started being fast. I knew I said I wanted him to do something, but I didn't think he was actually going to do it. He pulled the trigger, I looked up at the hole he made on the roof. Well, mom and dad would definitely be mad. The sun peeked on the small hole, "unlike you Gabriel, I don't hurt does close to me," he said handing me back the gun. 

The door opened and Dominique came in, "what happened?" She asked looking up at the hole. Matteo turned and looked at her and sighed leaving the room. Dominique came closer to me and looked through the hole, she then looked at the gun in my hand. I walked to my old closet and opened the case and put it inside putting the pin to lock it. 

"Matteo did it," I defended myself coming out the closet, "I'm not crazy or anything," she looked at my face and chuckled. I came and stood in front of her, we hadn't really gotten a chance to talk about what happened. It had to be killing her as much as it was killing me that Matteo found out the way he did. 

"Your mom's going to be piss," she said looking at the hole again. I nodded my head agreeing, she then put her head down. I touched her chin and made her look at me. Her brown eyes stared into my blue eyes, she was sad, somehow I could see it in her eyes. 

"I told you I loved you," I said, "you never said it back," I told her. She moved her eyes around searching my face. I waited for what she had to say, I wanted to hear her say it. I wanted to know if it was worth hurting my brother, if it was worth everything that happened. 

"I do," she said, "Gabriel I really do, I think I might be in love with you and I shouldn't be," she admitted. "I shouldn't feel this way towards you," she added. I pecked her lips gently, she quickly pulled away.

"Do you want to do this?" I questioned, "because Matteo will be angry, we can forget about my family and I just don't want to put all this fight when you don't even want to do this. Dominique, I love you and the whole world can be upset with me if it means we can be together," she looked into my eyes and removed herself from me completely. "Sweetheart?" I called her when she turned around. I moved closer to her and stood behind her waiting for what she had to say. She suddenly turned around, our bodies hit each other. 

"I want to," she finally answered me. 

"You sure?" I inquired, she raised her eyebrow. "You took really long to answer me."

"I'm sorry, okay Gabriel," she said. "It's not that simple, I love you and I want nothing but to be with you, but Matteo and-" she paused, "he's the father of my daughter and I hurt him."

"And how do you think I feel, Dominique?" I asked her, "he's my brother and you're worried about hurting him because he's Veronica's father. Matteo will never stop caring about Veronica and you know it, you're just using her as an excuse. If you don't want to be together, just say it," I told her straight up. She did not answer me, she simply just put her head down, "I can't believe I ruined my relationship with my brother for you," I said. 

"I never asked you to ruin your relationship with your brother," she snapped back. 

"No, you didn't," I said, "I was just stupid," I grabbed my keys, "I'm going home," I walked out the room slamming the door.