✨25✨

I was walking home, thinking about life. The wind was cold and fresh and even though Alex insisted a billion times for me to hop on the vehicle and drive off, I said no.

No is no.

The street were empty, except two or three cars passing by every minute or so. Luna's house was just in the corner. I was hesitating at that moment.

What the hell am I supposed to do? Will it be good if I go home and continue living my boring life, or is it better to go check on Grace?
I was hesitating, hell yeah, but then I just thought that I ain't loosing anything, and it's kind of worth it, to be honest. She actually was like my second mother.

I was in front of the main door, my mind telling me to knock and not look like an ass for once.
I knocked, and in less than ten seconds, the door opened, revealing the laziest grace I've ever seen.
Her eyes were red, no makeup on (she loves makeup. Its her drug), and she was wearing her PJs.

"Oh Brianna. Long time no see. Do come in" She said and let me get in.
She then instructed me to sit down and started boiling water to make some tea.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Good thank you." I replied, giving her a smile.

She slowly nodded and opened her mouth, but closed it a second later. Which (DUH) means she wanted to say something, but thought it was going to be rubbish.

She finally asked. "Do you know where Luna could be...?"

I stopped breathing for a while and shook my head. "Can i tell you something Grace?" I asked and she nodded.

"If you ask me why she left, it's because she hates when she sees a man near her mother. She experienced horrible things, and we both know how she horribly reacted when she figured out you two were going to divorce. It was horrible, almost impossible to control her at school, when she had the urge to cry to death. She doesn't want a dad. For her, you and her can live a happy life without having men. She just- she doesn't want a dad." I said, and she looked at me.

"Brianna," she started. "If a man broke a woman's heart for another lady, then I understand that this or that man was a jerk and will regret it sooner or later. Karma. But Louis isn't like that. He just came from England  and he's been single. If he divorced, then he wouldn't never even talk to me, not the other way around. Luna never knew Louis and how he acts,—" I cut her off.

"I'm sorry, but what exactly tell you he isn't lying?" I asked. I couldn't control myself.

Was it good? I don't think so.

Do I care? Nope.

She thought about what I asked, and found an answer.

"Nothing, but Im going to be honest with you, since I met him, I was soooo suspicious, but then I just let it go. For no reason to be precise." She said.

"Well guess what?" I said. "He broke my mother's heart for you."

The cup in her hands full and the pieces of glass scattered on the floor.