t h r e e

"i'm gonna become daniel's skating buddy."

"keely, do you still use that skateboard you got a couple years ago?" i ask my cousin as we sit side by side on the bus.

keely is in eleventh grade, the same grade i would've been in if i hadn't skipped.

"i never took lessons, so i never used it...why?" she asks as she plays with the ear bud that isn't in her ear.

"i wanna learn how to skateboard, could i use yours?" i ask.

"yeah, you can have it afterwards to...i don't wanna learn, thought it was a good idea when i was fifteen" she says as she cringes at herself.

"ah, yes the classic emo phase" i laugh and keely punches me in the shoulder, before passing me the ear bud in her hand.

"thanks" i say as i take the ear bud.

keely was that iconic, 'its not a phase mom!' and that was last year.

okay, so i have a board...now comes the tough part, actually riding it with out dying.

i mean, how hard can it be to self teach yourself?

its hell, absolute hell.

the board, is an ordinary board. but its just one plain color on the bottom, black. no ironic stickers.

credit to keely's emo phase, and its new you can tell its new just by looking at it.

the bottom is smooth, the wheels and the top are barely scratched up.

but as soon as zach dropped the board on the ground, he knew this was gonna be even worse than art.

he had googled information on the basics of skateboarding.

he's standing in the middle of an abandoned basketball court that isn't far from his house.

he ain't about to embarrass himself in front of people that he actually knows.

it's not that hard if you're not tying to go full speed but you will definitely fall on you're face if you're legs go stiff.

zach learned that the hard way, as soon as the board started moving it scared the boy and caused his body to start wobbling on the board until he fell on his butt.

"fuck" zach cursed as he watched the board slowly roll away from him.

yeah, this is gonna be amazing.

"corbyn, i'm being serious! learning how to skateboard is the worst thing in the whole world" zach complained as they walked down the hall together.

"then stop learning" is all corbyn says.

zach just glanced at him, "you're suppose to be supportive and motivate me corbyn, we're best friends."

"shut up zach, i'll go to the skate park with you and motivate you there" corbyn says as he flings his arm over my shoulder.

zach just sighs and corbyn whispers, "i'll make sure its a day when daniel isn't there."

zach's face instantly becomes hot and even more red, "corbyn i'll punch you."

corbyn just laughs, "wow look at how red you are!"

"corbyn, shut up."

"i didn't even tell corbyn why i was skate boarding, but of course he'd tie all the evidence together."

feedback?

this picture exist and i love it