s i x t e e n

it was obvious at first that zach hadn't played in a while but that didn't stop him from practicing at the park with the kids on his old team.

they were his old classmates before he skipped a grade and they used to always meet up at the park to play.

some were still his current friends that he talked to every now and then.

zach had dragged jack a long with him; no reason really.

zach was in a practice game, but he would every so often glance at jack; who was actually reading hamlet for language arts.

after making his fourth goal of their second game, they called practice over; zach jogged over to the boy who held up a water bottle.

zach nodded as he took the bottle.

zach watched the boy as he saw light shimmering in his eyes and then they went dull.

he sat the water bottle down and quickly slapped the book down on the table.

the book slammed on to the table aggressively slipping out of the boy's grip; there his phone sat in between the pages of hamlet.

"jack" zach groaned as he picked up the phone.

jack groaned just as loud, "hamlet is so boring; i'd rather listen to my mother complain about my grades."

"did you read any of it?" zach asked as he picked his bag up off the floor.

jack opened the book once again; "the first ten pages."

zach shook his head before slipping jack's phone in to his bag. before jack could say anything, zach grabbed his skateboard and went running for the sidewalk.

jack was close behind with his skateboard sandwiched between his arm and side.

zach dropped the board and picked up speed as he pushed himself a long side jack who seemed to be impressed.

"you've been practicing? you usually would've fell by now" jack chuckled as if he were imagining zach tripping.

zach rolled his eyes, "shut up and yes i have been."

jack's eyes glowed as he glanced at the boy, "can you do any tricks yet?"

"can you read more than ten pages?" zach asked and jack laughed.

"of hamlet? probably not."

feedback?

(cover of bully to boyfriend)

soooo i got this book in mind, i wanna publish it, and it's called bully to boyfriend, its a zonah book...how would y'all feel if i published it sometime today?

jonah marais ✏ "i need to convince my parent's that i'm gay."
"i can't help you with that; i am not gay." ✏ zach herron