t w e n t y t h r e e

"you've been acting weird lately, it's kind of cute."

zach smiled as he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

"someone's happy" my mother walked in and scared me, almost making me knock over the carton.

"i guess" zach mumbled as he opened the fridge and put the carton on the top shelf.

she smiled, "tonight's your first game, excited?"

zach went back to his cup and took a drink before shrugging, "kinda, i'm nervous."

"don't be! you've always been good zach" she said as she ruffled my hair before heading towards the table where her computer sat.

zach smiled before putting his cup in the sink and going upstairs.

lilian was dragging everyone on their techniques during our quick practice, no one was safe.

"joe, you're a defense player! stop standing around and pay attention, this is why you're always getting hit in the face" she groaned as she shook her head.

"elliot please stop passing the ball to zach, you are an attacker as well, you can make the goal!" she continued.

"eli, oh eli, if the ball comes to you, don't let it roll past you, you're a defense player, kick it away!" lilian leaned on the fence.

"zach, if someone is a head and close to the goal and open, please pass the ball" lilian said.

zach stop being a ball hog and pass the ball!

zach flinched and nodded.

"i'll see you boys tonight, so rest up and take my consideration in trying new things on the field" lilian concludes the practice.

i met up with jack, who was still at the school finishing up a slideshow for language arts.

"what do you mean 'don't come'?" jack asked as he picked up my bag, which i tried to take from him.

he just pushed me away and carried it anyway.

"i said, you don't have to come" zach said as he held the door for jack.

"well i'm coming because it's your first game and i'm a fan" jack said and zach just smiled as they continued down the street.

"you're a fan huh?" zach smiled as he looked over at jack who was also smiling.

jack said as he threw his arm over my shoulder.

"damn right, i'm your number one fan."

feedback?

i'm dYING and cRYING.

don't mind this shit chapter; i don't know what i'm doing at the moment because i am not okay.