t w e n t y t w o

"you didn't tell me how you did on the science test" zach said as he laid in the grass beside jack.

"an a" he mumbled as closed his eyes.

zach didn't say anything else as he just stared up at the sky; it was windy and cloudy.

it was weird, he had this antsy feeling; kind of tingly.

it was a feeling where he didn't want to lay down on the ground; he wanted to move.

but he kept himself still while playing with the grass as he just stared at the clouds.

after a moment of silence, jack speaks up, "zach?"

"what?" zach asked as he glanced at jack out the corner of his eye.

"what do you plan on doing after highschool?" jack asked.

"apply for a college, i guess i'm going to keep it in the family by becoming a doctor" i replied.

jack nodded, "what about you?" i asked.

jack seemed to be thinking, "i don't know, my parent's are consistent on me becoming a lawyer."

a lawyer.

"jack avery, the lawyer" zach laughed as he imagined the boy in a suit with a briefcase, it was a nice look on him.

jack shrugged before getting up and walking over to his skateboard.

"do you really want to be a doctor?" jack asked as he sat down on his board.

"i guess?" zach shrugged, he never thought of becoming anything else other than a doctor.

jack raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything as he pushed himself sideways with his feet.

"why do they want you to be a lawyer?" i asked as i sat up to watch the boy.

"they want me to keep it in the family since my dad is in the fbi and my mom is a lawyer" jack sighed.

zach nodded.

it was quiet as jack stared down at his feet while he continued to roll himself and zach watched him do so.

a smile resting on his face as he watched him.

"what're you smiling at, you weirdo?" jack asked as he looked up at zach staring at him.

"n-nothing" zach said as he looked away from jack, feeling the blood rush to his cheeks as he sat there.

"you've been acting weird lately, it's kind of cute."

feedback?

a bitch is exhausted