f i v e

suddenly someone clears their throat, "are you gonna ride or are you just gonna stand there like an idiot?"

"jack avery."

he stands there with his skateboard, a bored, yet still affective glare is directed upon zach as he stands there.

jack has his hair tucked away under his van's beanie, a long with a plain black t-shirt, with some black adidas joggers on.

the boy also wears a pair of white van's, that look identical to my own.

"there's a little problem, i can't skateboard..." zach mentally face palms himself.

you can't just go around telling people you can't skateboard, especially when that person is the ex best friend of the person that you like.

"this is a skatepark; that's a pretty big fucking problem" jack says as he gives me a harsh look, as if i'm stupid.

i see corbyn watching us from behind the fence and he seems surprised.

did i leave out that corbyn was a part of the friend group? yeah, i've tried to get him to tell me what happened, but he swears that he doesn't know.

"fucking liar."

he rarely talks to daniel or jonah, but i have seen him keep a conversation with jack.

that's when i witnessed jack smile for the first time; it was cute.

"well...i w-wanna learn" is all zach could sum up after realizing he zoned out and was just start at jack's feature for a minute or two.

jack just nodded before he dropped his board on the ground.

"which foot is your dominant?" jack suddenly asked as he glanced down at my feet.

"um my right foot?" i said as i looked down at my feet self consciously.

"switch them" he said as he referred down to my feet.

i did as i was told, since he knows what he's doing.

"your dominant foot helps you balance better" jack explains as he steps on his own board.

i can tell he's right since i feel more comfortable standing on the board; more stable.

i make eye contact with corbyn and he mouths, "what the fuck is going on?"

i do  simple shoulder shrug as i turn my attention back to jack, who seem to be thinking.

"you're smart" is all he says as he looks at me.

"so i've been told" i say as i glance back over to corbyn who's trying to read our lips, well mine since jack isn't facing him.

"no, that just came out...you wanna make a deal?" he asks as he shakes his head.

i glance at corbyn, who's making an idiot out of himself trying to get my attention, then back at jack.

"what kind of deal?"

"i'll teach you how to skateboard if you help me pass like half of my classes" he says as he pushes off the ground with his left foot.

i watch him go all the way to the fence, sounds like a good deal...we're not even half way through the first semester.

with jack's help i should be able to skate in no time, and it can't be that hard to keep his grades up.

jack stops himself in front of me again, "so, do we have a deal?"

"deal."

feedback?

jachary makes me soft; i don't hate it