t h i r t e e n

"i wasn't trying to get home."

zach stopped and jack ran right in to him, "wait, why are you following me?"

jack's face turned red as he looked behind him back up the stairs, "well i just threw up and i'm hungry..."

zach sighed as he led the curly haired boy in to the kitchen.

there was a blue note on the fridge, zach sighed not bothering to read the note already knowing that it was about his parents having to go back to work.

zach had made jack a sandwich and they sat there as jack ate it.

"what did you mean by you weren't trying to get home?" i asked as i looked over at the boy.

jack smiled and it confused zach as they sat there.

"i pretty much made up a plan to get semi drunk...kinda fucked up that part..." jack mumbled as he rambled to himself.

jack continued, "well then i proceeded to pester daniel for half the night and him being the mom he is, finally asked if there was someone he could call for me and i said you."

zach blinked rapidly; he missed jack and daniel talking?

"wait- you planned to get daniel to come here?" zach's eyes widened.

"duh, i promised to help get you the boy now stop gawking at me and let me eat in peace" jack says as he takes another bite.

zach stared at the boy as he continued to eat.

"jack is a lot smarter than he let's on."

"zach i'm hungry" a small voice came from the stairs as zach and jack played uno on the floor of the living room.

jack's head snapped over towards the stairs where a small brunette girl was walking towards them.

"can i touch it?" reese asked as she stopped beside zach, "touch what?"

reese shyly pointed at jack's head, indicating his hair is what she wanted to touch.

"i don't-" jack laughed as he interrupted zach, "go ahead."

reese hesitantly reached over to jack and pulled on once of the false curls, "how's it so curly?"

zach answered, "its a perm, reese."

right after she had walked towards the two, ryan joined them as he yawned, "you didn't stay up really late did you?" zach immediately turned in to a mom.

"i watched a movie and then went to bed" ryan mumbled as he made his way in to the kitchen not bothering to take notice that there was a stranger in the house.

"a movie?" zach continued, "okay so maybe two and some of a third one" ryan sighed as he yawned once again.

zach rolled his eyes as the boy before pushing him in to the kitchen, jack watched them as reese plopped down beside him.

zach was up and moving around the kitchen while ryan helped him make and actual breakfast that he hadn't planned on making.

while ryan scrambled eggs, zach peeked in to the living room and saw jack smiling as he braided reese's hair and listen to her ramble.

zach smiled at the sight, "so you're a braiding expert huh?"

jack turned to him with a tint to his face and a smile still sat on his face, "when you grow up with sisters you have to be."

"is that so?" zach chuckled as jack finished.

"yeah, it's like a requirement."

feedback?

i don't know shit about growing up with sisters, but my best guy friend does and he always braids my hair and says shit like this sooooo.