n i n e t e e n

zach didn't know what was happening at the time but his mind and heart were both racing at a rapid speed.

it felt like he was running out of air; he knew this feeling well.

he knew he had to go somewhere quiet; the bathroom was close so he rushed in side and flung himself in to a stall.

he locked the door and crouched down; pressing his forehead to the cold stall door.

zach was having a panic attack.

on instinct his hands collapsed over his ears as he sat there counting to one hundred.

1, 2, 3...

a procedure that he practiced a lot when he was by himself.

his mother and father have witnessed zach's multiple panic attacks and would repeat count to one hundred zach.

30, 31, 32...

"zach?" jack's voice called as he peeked in to the bathroom.

zach didn't answer because if he did he knew he would have to restart his counting.

suddenly jack was knocking on the stall door; "zach, can you open the door?" he said in a relaxed tone.

but, zach didn't dare to move as he opened his eyes.

55, 56, 57...

they were watering and he could see jack's boots from under the stall door.

jack was now crouched down once again; the door was between them but zach could see jack's exposed knees from his ripped jeans.

84, 85, 86...

jack was whispering things to zach, such as, "breathe zach, you're gonna be okay."

zach wasn't sure if he was gonna be okay but the fact that jack was on the other side of the door helping him; meant a lot.

98, 99, 100.

zach to a gulp of air as he stared down at the tiled floor; it was quiet.

he heard jack's shoe squeak as he stood up on the other side of the door, zach slowly stood up.

the only person he ever had a panic attack in front of at school was, corbyn.

he felt weird knowing that it was jack on the other side of the door and not his parents or corbyn.

"zach, can you open the door now?" jack's voice was still calm and zach unlocked the door and opened it.

jack immediately had his arms wrapped around me as soon as i had stepped out of the stall.

i didn't hesitate when i buried my head in to the crease of his neck.

"see? i told you that you would be okay.”

feedback?

ahhh so cute!

ahhh so cute!