II

Chapter 2: Stranger

♚♥♞

Sometimes, the people one would expect to sweep them off their feet or cause a major bang in their life is a total stranger. That is exactly what Min expected, a total stranger. Well, she did get one, but maybe he wasn't such a stranger after all.

She was just walking home from a normal exhausting day of school, and then she saw the figure sitting down, leaning against her apartment building's fence. She squinted and kept walking normally, but her breathing was speeding up. Should she poke it? Is it dead? She bit her lip and stepped closer.

It was a guy, his lip was bleeding, and he looked like he just got beaten up. His bloodied hoodie covered up his face, but she could see soft brown hair peeking out. The first thought she had was blood!

She quickly ran to the door, unlocked it and ran up to her apartment to grab band-aids. Her father had not come back with her brother yet. She grabbed some other stuff she thought she would need and a paper towel roll and barreled downstairs, sucking in a breath and quieting her social anxiety, she needed to help a dying man!

By the time she got to the fence, there was no one there. No blood drops, no trail or anything, it was just like he wasn't there and she had imagined it. She made a cry of confusion and looked around, perplexed.

After a while of looking around, she heaved a sigh of defeat and went back inside.

Too bad, because her second thought after looking at him was: oh, he's cute.

---

"I don't know where he went!" Min was on the phone, talking through her earphones as she looked for the milk in the supermarket. "One moment, bleeding cute guy, and then—"

"Min?" Kristy asked. "Min?"

"Oh, my god, he's right there." Min whispered, quickly running to another aisle. She heard the footsteps in the aisle she had been in. She kept walking until she heard him go to a further aisle. Kristy was quiet.

"Min?" Kristy spoke again. "Are you dead?"

Min made a noise in her throat. "H-he's not dead."

And he is still undeniably cute, but let's not tell anyone that.

"Who?" Kristy asked. "The guy you found in front of your house?"

"Mmhmm." Min answered quickly. "Well uhh—I'll call you later?"

"Okay, be safe." Min hung up the phone and the music resumed playing in her ears, she finally found the milk and headed to pay for it, anxious but kind of eager to bump into previously mentioned guy. But of course, she didn't, so she headed back home.

Then she started considering if he lived around the area because he looked familiar.

  ♚♥♞