X

[ Very big reminder that I DO NOT allow spoilers to be posted anywhere, and that means here and over at the webtoon. ]

Chapter 10: Ally

♚♥♞

The next day, Min went to school adorned with the same smile, she talked to her friends, she greeted acquaintances. She carried on her day in the same fashion, the same wall surrounding her. A few asked about the band-aid on her cheek, which she replied simply with "my younger brother", and Kade was one of the few that asked.

"Let me see it." He insisted.

"Seriously." She complained, but didn't move away when Kade grabbed her face. "Your fans are going to track me down and eliminate me."

"If they manage to track you down, I will follow them so I can find out where your house is." His thumb traced over the band-aid, he seemed very absorbed.

"Stalker." Min muttered and avoided looking directly at him.

Kade gave her a flat look and removed himself, sighing dismissively. "Can't you punch your brother?"

"No." Min mumbled. "My dad will be like, 'oh, why are you injuring my precious son.'"

Prince snorted in amusement but he hid his shaking fist from her sight. He knew who had done that to her. And he knew what, or rather who's demands he had to fulfill. He was trying immensely to hide his annoyance.

"I think I solved your little problem." Chloe had called him yesterday. "Now I want my answer."

"What problem?" Kade had asked, confused.

"That bitch that you hate, she won't be bothering us anymore."

Kade had turned quiet for a moment as the information sank in. Then, calmly, he asked. "What did you do?"

Chloe let out a haughty high-pitched laugh. "Scratched that dumb bitch's face and threatened her friendships. Did you know? Her previous friends had abandoned her and she took the blame all on herself. What a hypocritical whore, right?"

Chloe heard Kade smirk on the other line and she herself smugly examined her nails, she knew Kade would agree with her and finally meet up with her so she can get a taste of that—

"I think we need a break." Kade suddenly spoke up. "From each other."

Chloe took the phone from her face and stared at it in shock and silence. Before she could protest, he hung up. She gritted her teeth and threw her phone at the floor and twisted her heel into the screen a few times to ensure it cracked, looking colossally pissed.

"Don't tell me he's actually—" Chloe snarled. "In a girl like that!?"

---

"I think I have to meet her demands."

In the past week, Kade had gained a new ally: Kristy. She became his go-to advisor when it came to anything concerning Min. This explains why Kristy had pushed Min into Kade before, because Kristy became a big supporter of Kade, since Kristy realized how sad his case was. She knew that Min had an undying love for Carl, but didn't want to tell Prince Dork and break his poor dorky heart.

Kristy was still kind of in denial that Kade was catching the feels for her best friend, but she didn't say that and pretended that anything Kade told her was part of a wonderful novel and that Min was just another character. It's working, at least.

Another fact she caught on was that Kade was also denying that he was catching feels, therefore she considered them two on the same page.

"You want to meet Chloe's demands?" Kristy asked, stunned. "You want to..." She whispered the next part like it was a sin to her ears. "Have sex with her!?"

"You said you wanted a break from her already?" Kristy continued, shaking her head at him.

"I can tell her I changed my mind." Kade answered. "I don't know what else I can do. Can Min really handle that... monster coming after her?"

"If it's true love?" Kristy said, unconvinced herself.

Kade facepalmed mentally. He needs to hold back to stay on Min's best friend's good side.

"But if you lose your v-card..." Kristy began, tone serious. "That would make it worse. Min would never even look at you. We don't want that."

Kade's mouth ran dry. "I just—" He sighed, looking defeated. "Want to be her friend."

He sounds like he's trying to convince himself that more than he's trying to convince me. Kristy thought, but she felt pity for him. He sounded like he had no idea what "loving" was. It's okay, Min has had so many lovey-dovey situations, she can teach him true love. Right?

Kristy started doubting her friend's teaching abilities.

"Well, instead of doing these things that would ruin everything, why don't you try telling her you want to be friends?"

Prince stared at her like she just invented dogs.

Kristy mentally facepalmed. If Min knew how hard this boy is falling for her, she would probably run, that girl has no sense of commitment. My friend is such a player.

"I knew that." He answered quickly and then hid his embarrassed face.

He needs a lot of work before he gets promoted to 'boyfriend'. Kristy thought, feeling sorry for him but mostly for herself.

♚♥♞