XXXII

Chapter 32: Sanctuary

♚♥♞

It was easy going straight back to talking casually with him. The darkness in his eyes gradually went away, and he finally went back to fidgeting instead of being so stiff. It was almost like the past week's distance dissipated. For a moment, Min forgot the consequences of being with him, and the two leaned against the wall talking about trivial things.

She talked about her constantly finding herself crying in front of Carl, knowing that Kade's therapist skills would surface.

"Well, he listens to your problems." Kade thought aloud. "That's a good thing."

"I'm always a mess in front of him, isn't that bad?"

"Hmmm." Kade looked up at the sky. "He doesn't seem to mind, from what I see."

Min smiled to herself. Prince looked over, seeing her eyes fill with affection as she smiled at the ground. He glanced away. Although it stung, he knew she was unarguably in love with him. And it was fair. Carl was there when he wasn't. Carl wasn't an asshole to her like he was.

Kade realized that even if he had everything else right, he just didn't have the timing down.

The girl he wanted so badly, could not be easily given to him.

And he knew that.

---

They headed back to English together. Min was a nervous wreck in front of Carl, more quiet than usual. She quietly apologized about the fact that they didn't work much on the project due to her emotional state. Kade had to face an angry Chloe, which he paid no mind to and face the board with a small smile.

A small note slid onto Min's desk.

You are better.

Min looked up from the note in surprise, glancing at Carl. He was facing the board, looking tired.

She smiled. Even though she was worried about how she would be allowed to go to Prince's house after the whole ordeal. Even if she was tired of dealing with the negativity in the house. She could still hold on to the memory of Carl walking her home.

He gave her a hiding place. A sanctuary.

Yeah. She wrote and slid it back to him.

Maybe it was silly to believe. To hope. To think that he would save her whenever things would go wrong. Just like how he has done so far, he appears when she's weak and in pain. Is this what love should feel like? Do I finally get the knight in shining armor? The world is being so kind to me.

I love him so much.

♚♥♞