LVIII

Chapter 58: I Do

♚♥♞

"How's it been." Angel leaned against his doorway, blocking his way into his room.

"We've been occupying the same house for the past week." Kade deadpanned, stepping over her feet and into his room.

"Let me rephrase." Angel's voice was stone cold. "How's she been."

Kade stopped walking. He turned around, glaring a hole through her.

Angel stood straight, walking towards him, her glare equally cold.

"Looks like you know something." Kade retorted.

"Judging by your imitating stance, something went wrong, it's no rocket science, dear brother."

Kade scowled. "You should have never told her." He hissed.

"What does that change?" She shot back.

"I didn't want her to know."

"Is that how it is? You hide everything from the girl you love."

"I'll never have her!" He screamed, then he lowered his voice. "I knew that."

"And?" She asked. "What's with the genius idea to kiss her while she was confused?"

"Alright, I got it!" He threw up his hands, paced the room. "I was slapped with consequences. With rejection."

"She liked you." Angel continued. "I know she did."

"She doesn't." His voice was quiet. "She pitied me."

The room turned quiet.

"I said I hated her." He whispered. "I said that everything we were was a lie."

"You lied to her." Angel sighed. "You're head over heels for her. Why couldn't you just say that?"

"So, she can look at me with more pity and avoid me and pretend we are friends?"

"You guys are friends."

"Not anymore."

"Kade." Angel exclaimed, exasperated.

"I can have anyone else." He muttered, almost sounding like he was reassuring himself. "She's right, it's not just her who can insult me and play hard to get."

"You're going to find someone like her?" Angel screeched incredulously.

"It's... It won't be like that." He breathed in harshly. "I can't."

Angel folded her arms, but she could no longer say anything. He had made up his mind, and he wasn't going to listen to her. He was going to have to learn the hard way.

---

"I-I do want to date him."

"Say that to me again, sincerely from your heart, Min." Le's voice was sharp, even through the phone.

"I do." Min insisted, wandering through the cold streets. "Just... just not now."

Le was quiet.

"Is there something you're not telling me, Min?"

Even though Le's question was gentle, Min still winced.

"No, um-we just kissed."

"Alright, Min. I got to go."

A dog barked in the background, Min heard Le's incoherent response.

"Yeah." Min nodded, hanging up. She sighed, watching the mist disappear into the air. "Yeah."

She adjusted her scarf, glancing up at the sky, and then quickly looking down. The sky, although it was dyed by the sunset, reminded her of the color blue. She blinked rapidly, wondering why even the sky can make her feel guilty.

It's been 5 minutes since she thought about him appearing before her. Thinking about his sneaky smile, thinking about his breath mixing with hers, thinking about letting him go.

She coughed, cleared her throat and opened the gate into her house.

She thought about it a lot.

What if she had kissed him back. What if he really loved her. What if they were holding hands right now as he leads her through her gate. What if he kisses her goodbye, and then smiles. His thumb rubs her hand.

"See you tomorrow."

He's wearing her scarf.

She blinks back tears again and opens her front door.

It's been 3 seconds since she's thought of him.

♚♥♞

1 Minute, 1 Second by Epik High.