XXXV

Chapter 35: I'm Crushing Hard

♚♥♞

Come Monday, she was true to her words, and Kade's mother left for another business trip. Finding a renewed sense of freedom, Kade headed to school normally, and was more genuinely happy to greet people along the way.

But he was completely thrown off when he saw Min. She waved briefly at him, before going back to chatting with her friends. His head spun, and he almost lost control of himself. He had so many things he wanted to run over and say, but he decided against it.

The night of the party, he kept replaying the scene of them dancing together while he was idly laying on his bed like a starfish. He realized how close their faces were and couldn't stop laughing to himself. Then he remembered seeing her face across the room when he was introduced to Vivien. It was like seeing everything crashing down. Time stopped, and he could see only her.

And then she looked away.

And he felt like he'd lost her.

Seeing her face today only clarified the screaming sentence he had the rest of the weekend.

I'm in love with her.

---

"Today, we will be welcoming a new transfer student, Vivien. Please get along with her."

Vivi looked around the class, a bit nervous. "Hello." She greeted. The class greeted her back and she already noticed a guy smirking at her and giving her a saucy stare. Then, she noticed him. He was tapping his pencil, hand holding up his cheek as he looked down at a notebook.

It's him, the hostess' son—Kade.

He finally glanced up briefly, and their eyes met.

Vivi felt her heart skip a beat. She smiled and waved slightly, and everyone turned their heads to look at the Prince.

He smiled back.

"You can choose someone to show you around the school, for now, please have a seat."

She was able to sit in front of Kade.

After class, she tentatively laughed and asked if Kade could show her around the school. He looked a bit stunned and agreed nevertheless. Feeling ecstatic, Vivi followed after him like a silly girl before he politely pointed out that he should see her schedule, so he could direct her to her next class.

Her face flushed slightly as she reached for the schedule in her bag, and she looked up and saw him chuckling.

"You are so nervous, it's obvious." He commented. She started tugging at her clothes.

"Oh! Sorry!" She bit her lip and fumbled at the paper in her hands.

Her heart nearly stopped when he stepped beside her and leaned slightly over to look at her schedule.

"Get a room, you're smothering her."

Kade instantly perked up.

Min was heading to class, the room that the two just walked out of. She raised an eyebrow. "You are sure quick to snatch the fresh meat."

Vivi started. "I-It's not—"

"It's not like that." He clarified for her.

Min ignored him and smiled at the new girl. "Aim between the legs if he tries anything."

"Cent!" He groaned as Min frolicked condescendingly to her class.

"Kade?"

"Let's go take you to class." He muttered quickly and took her by the hand.

♚♥♞