XII

Chapter 12: Stalker

♚♥♞

Everyone has tried hard before to get something. To acquire something. It could be anything, for the value of something is always decided by the one who wants. The journey for it would be difficult, the obstacles would be one's insecurities.

"Stop stalking me!" Min screams at the boy speed-walking behind her.

For him, this may be the very first time he had to beg and work himself to death for what he wanted.

"I'm not stalking you!" Prince insists. "You're just running!"

"Stop chasing me!" She screeches. "I don't want to die!"

"Well, stop running, and you won't die!"

He finally got a hold of her shoulder and pulled her towards him, clicking his tongue in annoyance. "Why are you so paranoid about what I want?"

"I don't taste good!" She squeaked, hiding her face.

His cheeks went red. Does she think I want to kiss her!? "I-I'm not going to bite you!"

"But every girl who gets stopped by Prince Charming ends up going with him to his bed chambers." She declared, a nonchalant tone in her voice.

She's teasing me! Prince started prying her fingers off her face, eye twitching. "Oh my, you are flattering yourself." He retorted. "I don't take vicious brutes."

She dropped her hands and gave him a flat look. "I forgot you had standards." She deadpanned.

"Hey!" He complained, and Min spun away, cackling. "What kind of guy do you take me for!?"

"Not a decent one." Min laughed, he got a hold of her arm again.

She finally turned back to him, and looked at him expectantly. "And?" She tilted her head. "What are you actually here for?"

"Oh." Kade hesitated, adjusting his collar. "Um—"

Min blinked, already bored.

"C-Can we be friends?" He asked, averting his gaze.

"Can we be what?" She exclaimed, incredulous.

"Fr—" He groaned, and took a deep breath. "Friends."

"Are you crazy!?" She shrieked. "Is this a death sentence? Are you asking for my permission to allow your thousands of fangirls to kill me!?"

"It's not a thousand." He protested.

"Ten-thousand!"

He facepalmed. "I just want to—I don't want to be enemies."

"Yeah, because I'll be dead so you won't have any standing enemies." Min sighed in exasperation. "Why all of the sudden anyway?"

Prince flinched, clamping his mouth shut. I can't tell her that I'm doing this because her best friend dissuaded me from giving her gifts and serenading her by singing Disney songs. I can't tell her this is plan b!

"Because—" He cleared his throat. "You have blackmail against me. I need to keep tabs on you."

"Yeah, uh-huh, is that reason strong enough to fight off most of the cult following you have in order to protect me from harm?"

"Very strong." He assured her, and nodded a few times.

"You would even become a meat shield?"

He nodded too and then stopped, "Meat what?"

"You said it!" Min bursts out laughing, pointing at him. "Meat shield, meat shield!"

"You—" He gritted his teeth. She's teasing me, again!

Min started running, giggling in glee as she twisted and turned with Kade hot on her heels.

"Stop stalking me!" She called behind her, laughing.

"Then stop running!"    

♚♥♞