LXXI

Chapter 71: Epilogue

♚♥♞

They just had a fight the other day, but she bought the damn thing already and she wasn't letting it go to waste. She frowned her biggest frown and got dressed.

Taking the train holding a huge flower was not the most pleasant thing but she managed.

Finally, she got to his dumb rich mansion, ready to give him his dumb 17th birthday gift.

"Hey, Prince Cockysuckwad!" She yelled, interrupting a few guests' happy toasting.

He was there, wearing a sulky expression and a casual but formal outfit.

She put the flower down.

"Happy motherfucking birthday." She yelled.

Everyone went silent and then he cracked out a grin. He dashed towards her and took her up in a spin.

"Happy motherfucking birthday, indeed." He whispered to her. "How's the dress?"

"I hate you, never buy me expensive clothing again." She muttered back. "My mom was crying at the price."

"At least I made myself known to the parents."

"Is your mother here?" She whispered back, glancing around.

"No." The music started, and he began taking up her hands for a dance. "I specifically requested that she doesn't attend."

"Sneaky bastard."

He grinned mischievously. "Did you practice dancing?"

"I don't know, did I?"

He groaned. "You are so condescending."

"You fought me over chips, Prince."

"They were good chips!"

"They were good chips." She mocked. "What a joke you are."

"I thought you would come with Carl," Kade looked around. "To spite me."

"What are you even saying?"

"But, he—well... He showed up with Vivi?" He looked confused. "They're gone now, though."

"Ten bucks they're together."

Kade coughed. "That's like the possibility of you and me."

"What does that even mean!?"

---

"We're running away from the party again?" Min asked, amused as she let Kade lead her to his backyard.

"Why, of course." He replied, a smile playing on his lips.

"It's still beautiful here, but, oh my god, mosquitos."

"They'll suck high-class blood."

Min slapped Kade on the shoulder.

"Kidding," He wheezed, trying to stifle his laughter. "Here, take my blazer."

He wrapped his blazer around her bare shoulders.

"And we are in the dreaded outside because?"

"Remember how during talent show I yelled into the microphone that I loved you?"

"Yeah, and I wanted to die a million times over."

He got down on one knee.

"Oh no, no, no." Min put her hands up and stood back. "You're turning seventeen, not eighteen."

He got out a little box, making Min wince.

"It's a promise ring!" He beamed.

"To do what? Promise to do what?" Min wouldn't look at the box. "To marry me?"

"To date you."

"Please get up!"

"I have to do the thing!"

"Kade, I will slap you along with the ring, and it will fall into the grass and hopefully never get found."

Kade whined and whined until she gave in. Alas, he asked the question with the most triumphant look Min has seen anyone wear.

"Will you take this promise ring and definitely date me as soon as high school ends and your parents allow you to get a man?"

Min made a face.

"Let me rephrase—"

"Yes." Min blurted. "Just—Just put it on me, you imbecile."

"Yay!" He cheered and then the ring actually fell into the grass.

"Oh, shit."

"Prince, you actually did it." Min laughed in disbelief.

"It's not funny until after we find it!" He yelled and started looking for the ring. Min squatted down beside him and started patting in the grass.

After a while, Min did, in fact, find it but pretended she didn't to see him panic more. She blamed him for his failure and teased that she would never ever date him because he was that much of an idiot. He was near a mental breakdown before he noticed the sparkling stone on her finger, and after he realized, he jumped her and the two tussled around in the grass before Min gave up and they kissed.

"A hundred bucks that you marry me." Kade remarked, looking up at her.

"We're betting on our marriage?"

"A hundred bucks if you marry me."

"Is that the down payment? I want a wage for dealing with you."

"Cent." He laughed. "Cent, I love you."

"I think I got the gist the first time you said it and the other unforgettable time where you screamed it at the microphone after playing Taylor Swift."

Kade clicked his tongue, reaching up and ruffling her hair.

"I love you, too."

♚♥♞

Happily Ever After (Acoustic) by He is We

The end.

Or is it?

Some questions I want you guys to think about:

1. What was, in your opinion, the best and worst chapter?

2. Who was the main character?

3. What lesson have you learned?

4. Who resonated with you the most?