XXXVII

Chapter 37: Changed

  ♚♥♞  

The two friends had no idea who the woman before them was, for she looked elegant and kind, and couldn't possibly be Min's mother. She looked the age fit to be their moms. Whose mom was this? Blue eyes... It can't be! They gasped mentally to themselves. Kad—

"I didn't think I would see you here!" The woman smiled at Min. "My daughter just transferred here today."

The two friends gasped audibly.

Min wanted to facepalm at her friends' actions. But she resisted and smiled politely back at the woman. "Your... daughter?"

"I'm waiting for her to come out, she seems a bit busy saying bye to her new friends right now." She responded, glancing behind her shoulder and then turning back. "Has your problem been lifted?"

Min blushed. "Y-Yes."

The woman laughed good-naturedly, and Min instantly thought of her own mother, who was also talkative and very bright in nature.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, you are such a sweet girl—" She glanced behind her shoulder again to check on her daughter. "Do you mind being friends with my daughter, Vivien?"

The woman was too kind for Min to say no, therefore Min readily agreed. Her daughter soon bounded out of the school accompanied by her new friend.

Prince's eyes instantly met with Min's. He raised an eyebrow.

It clicked in Min's head.

"Mom?" Vivi hugged her mother and then looked at Min. "Mom, you are always quick to make friends with anyone!"

"Oh my, is that the son of—"

"Hello, ma'am." Kade waved politely. The mother was delighted at the sight of him and briefly forgot the existence of Min before quickly turning back to Min, daughter by her side.

"Vivi, this is the girl I met during the party!"

"Hi!" Vivi smiled at Min.

Min noticed the instant boost of mood when Prince arrived, clarifying more and more things in her head. She smiled awkwardly at Vivi and muttered a brief "hello". Then she glanced at Kade, who was looking at her from behind Vivi and her mom.

"Oh!" Vivi's mother turned to Kade. "Have you two met?"

His eyes softened. "Yes, yes we have."

Kristy was tugging at Min's sleeve. "Sorry, miss—I have to go home now." Min called quickly.

"Ah-my love!" The woman waved. "Before you leave, what is your name?"

"Min! Min Qi."

---

"What kind of wild adventures did you go on during this party!?" Kristy was freaking out to her on the train.

Min sighed into her hands. "Oh good lord, the woman thinks I'm a nice girl when I told her daughter to kick Prince in the peepee if he does anything lewd..."

"You—what?"

Min started groaning into her hands. "And now she has my name—"

"Are you seriously more concerned about that instead of worrying about Kade's dooming crush?"

Min looked up at her friend flatly. "You are more worried about his love life than me, do you like him or something?"

Kristy smacked Min on the arm. Min winced in pain and rubbed her arm as she pouted at Kristy. "Isn't it obvious?" Min muttered. "It's her, he's already met her parents after all, and she's met his."

"You mean... the transfer?"

"Duh."

"I can't believe he's changed his mind so quickly!" Kristy angrily said.

"What?"

"Nothing."

  ♚♥♞