LXII

Chapter 62: Truth Is

♚♥♞

Truth is, I don't feel fine.

Min stared at herself in the mirror. Hypocrite. Whore. Bitch. Villain. Witch.

She squeezed her eyes shut, tilting her head up. She opened her eyes, bent down to splash her face and then wiping her face with a towel. Then, she was off to bed.

She couldn't sleep.

It's been a month.

She opened up her phone, sighing. She went to his contact, finger hovering over the option to delete everything.

No. Read it all before it goes.

Her hands trembling, she went through the messages. Was it real? Did he like her? Had he just been lying about lying?

No, it can't be. Don't get hopeful. He's with Vivi now, that proves everything.

She put her phone away.

She didn't need messages to remember what happened. She could still almost feel him, his hands loosening on her wrists, his lips on hers. She scoffed wistfully to herself.

Moving on? When will that happen? It's so hard.

She turned over, she breathed in, she breathed out.

A month.

If he wanted to take it back, he was a month too late.

She closed her eyes.

Just take it back already.

---

"Oh my god, I think I got that question wrong." Kristy fussed, the three were getting lunch. "It should have been 'A', right? Oh my gosh, Min!"

Min laughed at her. "Ten bucks you get a 75."

"Don't jinx me!" Kristy complained, slapping Min hard on the arm.

"Ow!" Min scowled at Kristy, slapping her back.

"I wonder why Carl never eats with you." Grace mentioned as they sat down.

"I'm not sure, I don't see him in here at all." Min responds.

"Have you two kissed more after that?" Kristy raised an eyebrow, fitting a piece of food into her mouth.

"I don't know, have we?" Min teased.

"Oh...! She's blushing." Kristy laughed, slapping Min again. Min started yelling about her slapping.

---

Vivi and Kade usually hang out in the library during their lunch period. Vivi goes over her homework or studies, and Kade reads a book. It's peaceful, and they share some words occasionally.

Although, today, Vivi looked distracted.

"If you really want him, tell him first." Angel had told her before she had left the bakery. "He's already had his heart broken by chasing, cut down the chase. That's all I can advise you to do."

Vivien sighed.

Kade looked up from his book. "You look exhausted."

Vivi glanced at him and tried to smile. If anything, she wanted him to chase her. She wanted to feel like the protagonist who just falls in love. Everything would be easy. She would just have to say yes. For some reason, she suspected that if she did confess, something wouldn't go right.

"Did my sister tell you something weird while I was gone?" A sudden frantic madness hit his eyes, and Vivi looked surprised.

"No, she didn't..." Vivi replied. He relaxed.

"Kade..." Vivi began. "Do you like anyone right now?"

He didn't make a move to respond, he looked like he had turned to stone upon her question.

"I think..." Vivi laughed, resigned. "I think I like someone. He's tall, he's kind, and he's... wonderful."

Kade looked confused, like he wasn't sure what to do with this new information.

"Kade, I'm sure a lot of girls say this to you... and..."

"Vivi?" He asked, quietly. She stiffened but continued anyway.

"Kade... I think I—I think I like... you."

A breath left her lips and she couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"You're..." Kade cleared his throat. "You're kidding."

"Don't do that." She whispered. "Don't discredit my feelings. I won't take it back."

His eyes widened, and he looked as if he had been shot. He shut his eyes and he sighed for a long time. "You can't." He began. "What is there to like about me? I'm bland, like a blank wall. Who would ever—"

"Who wouldn't fall in love with you?" Her voice was small, wistful, tearful.

His throat tightened.

"She didn't."

"I'm sure she already did."

♚♥♞