LXVI

Chapter 66: Fated

♚♥♞

"You learn something new every day." Vivi gave him the extra cup of milk tea she had, sitting on a bench in the courtyard.

He recoiled. Then he grudgingly took it. "Why do you have another one?"

"It was..." She glanced at the trees. "Habit. But I don't really talk to that person now."

He sighed, putting the milk tea next to him. "What?"

"It's lunch, we're hanging out."

"I don't know you."

"Vivien." Vivi sipped her drink again. "Or Vivi."

"I know you're the one who hangs out with the... guy."

"And you're the one who kissed the girl."

Carl clicked his tongue in irritation but paused when Vivi looked at him with a sad smile.

"I think..." She began. "We both went through something similar recently?"

Carl frowned, picking up the drink and opening it. He drank it.

Vivi laughed lightly. "Isn't that weird?"

"Isn't what?" He muttered roughly.

"Maybe we're soulmates."

He spat out his drink.

She laughed, louder. "I mean, we both got rejected and we're having singles' tea."

"Insane." He mutters, standing up.

"Stay." She stated suddenly. He froze.

"Let's do something crazy." She proposed. "To make up for my little lie."

He stared at her broodily.

"Tell him. And I'll tell her."

---

Min wrapped her scarf around her neck and zipped up her jacket. She then started walking towards the exit. She was walking home alone since both her friends had afterschool activities. And Min, well, Min had to write up more of her story and do homework.

She was met with the stare of a girl at the main entrance. She suddenly got déjà vu, but it wasn't Chloe this time around.

The girl smiled at her, as if she had been waiting for her. Min looked behind her.

"Hey." Vivi greeted, walking to her. "Mind if we chat a little?"

---

She was walking with Vivi. It was the strangest few moments of silence before Vivi opened her mouth.

"Do you remember me?"

"Yes."

"Do you remember what I answered when you asked me if I was dating Kade?"

"...Yes."

"I lied." Her answer was nonchalant, so nonchalant Min didn't realize what she meant until a few minutes. Min stopped mid-walk.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

Vivi turned.

"I'm not dating him. I wasn't then, I'm not now."

Min stared blankly at her.

"What am I supposed to do with that information!?" Min bursts into a fit of rambling. "You're smiling at me like you know some huge secret or whatever, what do you expect me to do with him now that you're not dating him, or weren't, whatever!"

"Nothing."

Min balked.

"I'm just telling you."

"Oh, well...!" Min's voice cracked, she then sighed, pouted and started walking away.

"You're very cute!" Vivi complimented.

"Oh, fuck off." Min shot back without turning back around.

Vivi giggled a little before going on her way.

---

"Oh, can you believe her?" Min ranted. "I'm not dating this boy that you agonized over but I'll waste your time by telling you in a cryptic way! I'll tell you! To rub it in your face! That he's single! And I lied to you! What an inane person she is, I should've—"

"Min, calm down." Kristy smiled over the phone. "Also, you what over him?"

"I agonized over him!"

"Excuse me, gurl, you never told me this."

"I told you now! Seriously, what is her damn problem."

"It is kind of weird, but maybe she's saying it to you to come clean?"

"Whu—That she lied about a thing? Alright, he's single and all, but he said he hated me and he said that everything we did was a lie."

"Wait a minute, what—"

"Like what am I supposed to do!? 'Kade'—ugh bleh, his name— 'I heard you weren't dating anyone, so let's discard the fact that you hate me and smooch-smooch it out!'"

Kristy started laughing. "What the heck, Min!"

"Right!? It sounds hysterical!" She complained. "Well, it is!"

"You're overreacting, girl."

"I guess I am!" Min screeched, throwing her hands up. "I'm trying so hard to forget that moment in the hallway, but oh here we are, I'm bringing it up again!"

"Girl, don't stress about it. You're already—with the Carl thing."

Min turned quiet.

"Just write or something, alright? I have to go."

"Alright, bye."

♚♥♞