LXI

Chapter 61: I Moved On

♚♥♞

When Kade came back, Angel was already gone. He sighed out in relief. Vivi smiled up at him, laughing briefly.

"You have a wonderful sister."

"I guess." He sighed, sitting down.

After Kade finished eating, they left.

"Today was great." Vivi commented as they got into Kade's car. "I really liked it."

"I'm glad." He answered. She rested her cheek against his shoulder.

"Kade..." She began.

"Yeah?"

"Did you miss her?"

He stiffened, he thought about not responding and changing the subject. But he was supposed to have moved on.

"No." He whispered. "No, I didn't."

Vivi didn't respond, glad that he couldn't see her face. If he did, he would've asked her why she looked so pained. And she would have to explain why she was fighting back tears. She would have to tell him that she knew with every fiber of her heart that he was lying.

---

Min huffed out a breath of air before swinging her fist. Her blow was blocked, and she promptly tripped and fell onto all fours. She groaned and turned into a starfish on the floor. "Carl." She whined.

She heard him squat beside her. "Tired?" He asked.

"You living beast." She muttered under her breath. "How could you make me exercise."

"You asked me to teach you self-defense and that was a good example, did you see my moves?"

Min pretended to sob. "Where's Clan?"

"Not sure." He stood up, looking around. Min took this chance to bolt up and attack him from behind. She jumped onto him and this resulted in Carl holding her in a piggy back, a blank expression crossing both of their faces.

"You were supposed to... um..."

"I don't think you're heavy enough to... uh..."

Min blushed.

"P-Put me down."

She was put on the ground. Carl turned, staring blankly at her.

She smacked him on the shoulder. "Forget that." She commanded. "Let it disappear."

A look of amusement crossed his eyes.

"Did the wrestling match turn sexual or can I come in?" Declan called.

"Come in." Carl responded, and Declan opened the door apprehensively.

"I brought food." He informed them, and Min's eyes lit up.

"Oh, Clan!" She squeaked and ran out of the room.

Declan shared amused looks with Carl and the two boys followed after the girl, finding her opening up all the containers whilst her squeaks got progressively higher pitched and more excited.

"Adopt her into the family." Declan muttered to Carl. "Marry her."

"I don't think..."

"Yeah, you don't think at all." Declan smirked, and then joined Min in setting up the food.

Carl looked at Declan with distaste, shaking his head. But he joined them too.

If this was what a family should be like, he didn't mind it at all.

---

"It's been a month. I'm okay now." Min sighed out in content, happily letting Carl walk her home after their lunch. She twirled. "I'm surrounded by love."

Carl makes no comment, but he looks at peace.

"It's like... He was never... by me." She stops.

"A dream." Carl suggested, stopping by her.

Min smiled. "A fairytale."

He glanced at her, and she did not notice, for she was staring into the distance. She was smiling, but her words carry a certain sadness when it came to him. The boy who watched her. The boy who was so close yet so far.

"Would you do it again?" Carl asked, walking ahead.

She fell into step with him, she looked lost in thought.

"Would I do what again?"

"Meet him."

She breathed out, stretching. "I... don't know." She replied. "I met him in freshmen year, and he was... the biggest asshole then. He still is. Would I go through all the crazy girls and his crazy antics?"

He looked at her expectantly.

Min puffed out her cheeks and averted her eyes. She then slapped him a few times on the back, laughing awkwardly.

"What are you going on about? You make it sound like I dated him and loved him deeply or something."

He wasn't buying it, but he didn't say anything.

"I feel great these days." She was rambling as she stared at the trees. "You, Declan, Kristy, Grace, Le. All I ever need. You and Declan are the silliest step-siblings I have ever met."

"Silliest?" Carl sounded a tiny bit indignant.

"Funniest?" Min offered. "I just... I'm better now."

"I'm glad." He mumbled.

"What?"

"I'm glad." He said it louder. "Glad that you are."

She smiled, bemused. "You are blushing."

Carl inhaled deeply, avoiding showing his face.

"What are you, s-stuttering?"

♚♥♞