LV

Chapter 55: Next to You

♚♥♞

Declan was surprised to find them hugging when he came out of the kitchen. "I cut some... fruit."

Carl was hugging her in a way so that Declan would not see her face.

Declan slowly set the fruit down and backed away. "Use protection." He commented. "I shall go."

Carl wanted to slam his stepbrother's head into the wall but resisted, letting Declan make an escape.

"Bye Min!" Declan called as he closed the door.

"Bye Clan." Min mumbled into Carl's shirt, even though only Carl could hear.

Carl let out a brief laugh. He then let go of her.

"Thanks." Min replied, wiping her tears with her sleeve. "Isn't this the tenth time I've cried in front of you?"

"I don't remember." He answered.

"I'm so pathetic." She sighed.

"Let's sit." Carl answered. The two went to rest on his sofa.

They sat in silence for a while before Min spoke up. "He does like me."

"Yeah?"

"He kissed me."

Carl turned deathly silent, almost like he wasn't breathing.

"Or..." Min trailed. "Maybe he doesn't, I mean, he does kiss a lot of girls. And maybe I'm just one of them. And he didn't explicitly say. But he did write my name over and over in his journal."

Carl could do nothing but nod.

"And..." She was mumbling. "I don't know what to do. I didn't know what to do, since I ran away on him."

"I just." She sighs. "I just... I have a predicament."

"A predicament?" Carl echoed.

"I—I like someone else." Min blurted. "And Prince knows that but he..."

Carl's mind went blank, he needed time to register what she had just said.

"You like someone else..." He repeated slowly. "And he knew that... and kissed you?"

"I guess, granted, we were both emotional..." Min groaned. "I don't know."

Carl blinked.

"Who do you like?" He blurted.

The room got even quieter.

---

"I... um..." Min was stuttering on her words, her mind whirling. What am I supposed to say to that? Am I supposed to confess right now? "You."

"N-Never mind." Carl interrupted before she could gather the courage to say anything. Her systems flooded with relief.

Carl seemed to be avoiding her eyes now.

"Is that it?" He mumbled clumsily.

"Do you think I should..." She hesitated. "Do you think I should talk to him on Monday?"

"You sound like you need to." He answered.

"Ah..." Min looked up at the ceiling wistfully. "What am I to do?"

"You'll be fine." Carl glanced at her.

"I hope so."

---

"Kade!" Vivi called, spotting his back in the courtyard. She caught up to him. It was morning, and it has really been a while since the spent time together.

He seemingly had not heard her. She tapped him briefly on the arm. "Kade?"

He flinched, glancing at her. He looked like he had not slept a thousand nights.

Vivi drew her hand back, surprise filtering onto her face.

"Vivi." He forced himself to smile.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

"Nothing." He muttered quickly, looking away. "It's fine."

"Kade." She stopped him by stepping in front of him. "I'm worried. Everyone else will be too."

He was suddenly so very irritated. But she was not Min. He could not get angry, for he would hurt her. If anything, more than anything, he wanted to hurt Min.

"Come with me." She said, taking him by the hand and leading him to an empty room. She had him sit down, and then she took out some makeup.

Kade stared at her for a while, sighed. Then he closed his eyes.

It wasn't uncommon for him to cover up himself in another façade.

"You look very pretty." She commented. He opened his eyes, noticing the tinge of pink of her cheeks. He knew what it meant.

Kiss her.

He sat still in his seat.

Why don't you kiss her?

He hung his head.

"Thanks."

♚♥♞