LX

Chapter 60: Blatant

♚♥♞

It's been a month. A month of avoiding, of hiding, of healing. The two patched up their wounds with band-aids, and look towards their new lovers.

But the wound is still bleeding.

But that was fine. Affection will cover it up.

"It looks great." Kade reassured, Vivi had taken him shopping with her.

"I don't know." Vivi twirled a little, patting the dress she had on. "It's not really the season to wear dresses, is it?"

Of course, it wasn't, December was here.

Kade felt his phone buzz and took it out. "Angel." He cursed under his breath.

Vivi came over, leaning her head on his shoulder, peeking into the phone.

"What'd she say?"

"She wants to know where I am, so I can get her free food."

"Tell her." Vivi smiled. "I want to meet her."

Vivi went back in to change her outfit and Angel called Kade. He picked up, putting the phone to his cheek.

"What do you want, psychopath?"

"That's rich, coming from you." Angel retorted. "Kady, where are you?"

"What, can't you track my phone?"

"Well, I can. Just checking if you are on a date."

"Well, I suppose I am."

"With who?" Kade didn't know if he was imagining it, but he thought Angel sounded a little hopeful. He frowned, a familiar figure flashing across his mind.

"Vivi." He deadpanned.

Angel had the audacity to groan. She covered it up with a yawn and proceeded to hang up.

Kade shook his head, Vivi came out a few seconds later in a comfy sweater.

"Christmas spirit!" Vivi twirled around, laughing. Kade eyed the red knit, smiled.

"Red. Maybe blue."

"It looks cute." He commented.

"I'm buying it!" She sings, going back in to change into her original outfit.

It's perfect. A beautiful girl with a good soul, someone he doesn't feel agitated around. They can do shopping casually.

Vivi came out again, dressed and ready to pay. After paying, they left to go eat. As they exited the shop, a shirt caught his eye. A crown, underneath, "Prince."

She would've laughed herself silly, after having dissed every expensive price in this shop. She would try to buy it, but come short on money, he would pay for her. She would wear it and beam proudly whenever she did. He would smile at her silly antics.

"It's like a tag, saying that you belong to me."

"Prince!"

He closed his eyes and breathed in sharply. It hurt so much. He wanted to cry, but he no longer had any energy left to shed tears. He walked out of the shop with Vivi.

---

"Kady!" Angel attacked him from behind. Kade let out a yelp of surprise and Vivi turned around, alarmed. Angel and Vivi instantly lock eyes.

Angel detached herself from her brother and walked over to Vivi with a smile. "Hello! I'm Angel, and your name is?"

"You know her name..." Kade muttered under his breath.

"I'm sorry, brother." Angel heard him. "I've only heard the name Cent leave your mouth quite a few thousand million times."

Vivi laughed politely. "Vivien Aurelie. But you can just call me Vivi."

"Hmm." Angel smiled. "Nice to meet you, Vicky—I mean Vivi."

Kade felt himself lose a few years after hearing their conversation. He stepped between Vivi and his sister and shot a glare of death towards his sibling. "Why don't you go home?" He hissed.

"Why don't you show me some respect?" Angel shot back, an equally petrifying glare gracing her face.

The two glared at each other for a bit before Vivi suggested to get lunch together.

---

They ended up at a bakery to eat sugar. Angel calmed down significantly after getting her plate. Kade sipped his tea with less threatening eyes. Vivi enjoyed her red velvet cake, immune to negativity.

"So, you two are in the same school." Angel decided to strike up a conversation. Kade gave her a glare of warning. She waved his look away dismissively.

"Yes, he's been extremely kind to me since I transferred."

"What a sweetheart." Angel smiled tightly at her brother.

Vivi laughed, not picking up on the suspicious looks the two siblings are giving each other. "He really is. I am blessed to be... friends with him."

"Friends?" Angel inquired.

"Ah... Yes." Vivi averted her gaze, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I thought you two were on a date?" Angel raised an eyebrow.

"We aren't like that..." Vivi laughed.

"You two don't seem close enough to be shopping together as friends."

Kade nearly choked on his tea.

"I thought it was normal...?"

"It is." Kade interjected. "It is completely normal."

"I thought maybe one of you would have feelings towards the other." Angel shrugged. "I guess I'm wrong."

Kade coughed and stood up. "Restroom." He uttered quickly and left.

Vivi stared after him with longing. Angel smirked.

"Not quite the response you want from him, is it?"

Vivi looked back, stunned. "No, he's... I'm—"

"I know when a girl is crushing on my brother." Angel interrupted. "They all make it quite obvious."

Vivi sighed. "Is it...? Obvious?"

"Well, he's denser than metal, so maybe not to him."

"He's wonderful." Vivi sighed.

"He's a blockhead."

"I just wish I could be at least a bit closer to his heart. But I could never replace that special someone, could I?"

Angel looked startled, then looked thoughtful for a moment. "So, you are aware."

"Who wouldn't be?" Vivi smiled. "If I am obvious, then what is he?"

"He's an idiot."

♚♥♞

We Don't Talk Anymore (ft. Selena Gomez) by Charlie Puth.