VI

Chapter 6: I Didn't Know

  ♚♥♞ 

Min screeched and pulled Kristy with her to the bathroom quickly.

"What!? You scared me!" Kristy whispered. "Who is it now?"

Min started hyperventilating, Kristy looked increasingly more concerned and started shaking Min. "Min! Don't die!"

"It's him." Min whispered.

"Who?" Kristy whispered back. "Who?"

"Wolfie..."

"Oh my god!" Kristy groaned, letting Min go, then she grabbed her again. "Wait, for real?"

"Yeah!" Min whisper-shouted back. "If it wasn't, why would I be having a mental break-down!?"

"He's in our school?" Kristy whispered, incredulous.

Min checked her phone. "It's time, let's get to class."

First period hasn't even started and Min already felt something was going to happen today, she wasn't sure if this was a good feeling. The two promptly headed to class, Kristy in silence because of shock and Min was quiet because she was putting two and two together.

Damn it, if he lives near me, it's possible he's in the same school as me! Why do I realize now! Min, you brain dead, boy-crazy sack of meat!

---

Kade did his occasional shoving into Min thing again on the way to lunch, as his tribute to "daily torturing of Min", but she screamed loudly and turned around with a look of fear which quickly turned to relief.

Kade was taken aback, Min, staring at him in relief? That's rare.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, scrunching up his nose to look disgusted, but he felt slightly concerned for his arch nemesis.

"N-Nothing." She stuttered, looking away from him and made a hasty "hmph". "Shoo, stupid Prince. I'm busy."

"Busy what?" Kade smirked. "St-Stuttering?"

Min scowled at him. "Honestly?" She huffed. "What is your problem!?"

"My problem?" He echoed.

"I still don't get why you hate me so much!" Min exclaimed. "I know I shut you down in the beginning, but why can't you just move on from that and stop!?"

Kade scoffed. "You think I wanted revenge for your rej—"

"I'm sick of it!" She screamed. "I don't care about your dumb reputation, but if you would stop, then fine, I'll act like every other fangirl and love you!"

He suddenly turned very quiet, and a look of hurt crossed his face, mixed in with shame and guilt, and a bit of anger. Min huffed, feeling the sting in her eyes. She sighed and ran away before she could hear his response or allow herself to speak more.

Kade stared at the ground for a long time. Someone walked past and asked a quick "what's wrong?" but Kade didn't answer.

Then he realized he was in school and looked up with a quick smile saying a convincing excuse and headed off to lunch too.

What happened to you? He had thought. But he knew that it was rude to be thinking such a thing when he wasn't even that close to her at all. No matter how much he imagined it, he was never by her side.

Well, she certainly didn't think so.

---

After lunch was English and the seat that was always empty next to Min was occupied today. Min was sitting, in bright daylight, next to the guy she so fervently feared seeing again. Prince was seated in the back, as he always is, talking to some pretty girl.

The teacher was talking about the details of the project but Min was so distracted she only caught words of what the teacher was saying. Wolfie had his head down, clearly also not paying attention.

"Time to give you the assigned pairs." The teacher's voice finally got through to Min, and Min felt dread rushing through her body. Oh no, no, no.

The teacher started calling out names.

"...Carl and Min."

What?

What!?

Carl lifted his head, looking around in confusion. No, no, no, no, no! Min's mind screamed. He must have seen the look of shock on her face, because now he was staring back at her.

The look of recognition finally entered his green eyes. Forests, sea, jade—Stop that!

"It's you." He breathes, oh bliss, take me now—Stop, stop, stop!

"Yeah—hahaha..." Min laughs awkwardly, pushing hair behind her ear to have it come falling down again, she did this five more times before she gave up and stared awkwardly at her desk. The teacher handed out sheets on the project and directed them to find their partner and start discussing the course of action.

People started moving and pushing desks to be next to their partners. Min stared at her desk while Carl pushed his to hers and sat back down.

"I didn't hear the teacher." He admitted. "Did she say anything important?"

"Important—" Min coughed and then laughed. "No, most of it is in your ey-papers—uh, paper."

Carl started reading his paper, he looked almost out of place in a school setting, she looked behind his shoulder and saw a girl glancing at Carl with an entranced expression, the girl saw that Min was staring and quickly turned away, seeming to be unhappy.

I prefer him out of school, with less girls ogling him. He's a full course meal ready to be preyed on—Wait, no! Min, Stop it!

"Uh.." She looked quickly back at the boy next to her with green eyes that just spoke, biting her lip quickly. "I—don't know your name yet."

"Oh Sh—Shin, I mean Min!" Min quickly grew red with embarrassment.

Carl slowly blinked. "Are you okay? Your face is really red."

"Uhh—Fuc-Yeah!"

---

Kade was staring at some other girl. Chloe frowned. He's supposed to be only looking at me! I'm his partner, he's finally got an excuse to spend alone time with me and not get surrounded by girls and he's totally distracted!

"Kaaade." She whined, putting a hand on his arm.

"Yeah?" He asked, lip bite. Chloe squinted at the girl he was staring a hole into. A brunette tomboy-looking girl with seemingly no sense of fashion or feminine appeal. Kade wasn't even looking back, he hasn't for a while.

The girl seemed to be too enticed by her partner to notice Kade's very obvious stare. Well, her partner is the cute bad boy everyone secretly knows all about and wants. Chloe tried whining again.

Kade finally turned his head back to her, but he looked like he wanted to go back to staring at that brunette again. What was her name again? Chin? Sin? Bin? Ugh, whatever it is, must be an ugly name.

"Are you cheating on me?" Chloe batted her eyelashes and pouted.

"Project." One-word answer. Chloe groaned.

Kade was twirling something in his hand, Chloe knew he was trying to get his attention away from something. Her frown deepened. Whatever, she can seduce Kade another time. Kade will never leave her anyway.

Kade glanced back at Min again and then looked back and mentally groaned. I don't know, I don't mind, I don't care.

♚♥♞