XLI

Chapter 41: Carl

♚♥♞

Carl was left alone in the house with her. He was also left alone with his thoughts for a bit, now that Declan was out of the house. The past hour came back to him, rewinding slowly in his head. The fact that he had let her come to harm's way hurt him more than anything, since he usually was the one who soothed her pain.

Brushing back her hair with his hand, he gingerly touched the cheek that had been stepped on. These past months meeting her, one moment after another, each was a time to remember. Every moment he had spent with her, not a moment was pointless.

Her hand touched his waist. Her eyes were open, staring at him. His lips parted in surprise.

"No." She whispered. "Don't fight."

He flinched.

"That was what I thought." She smiled cheekily at him, weak.

"Min—"

Tears began to slide down her face. "This morning, I was relieved. Gods, you are alive." Her fist tightened around his shirt. "You are alive."

He lifted her into his chest, embracing her gingerly. Gently. He was holding a fragile glass statue. Both her hands tightening around the waist area of his shirt. She cried, emotions stripped bare. They were on his sofa, holding each other. And she was so, so very relieved.

"Carl—" She sobbed. "Carl, why? Why are you absent so much?"

He buried his face into her shoulder, her broken cries breaking him too.

"Do you know how worried I was?" She continued. "I was so scared, oh—Carl..."

She rested her forehead against his shoulder, tears dropping. "Is this—Is this what you have to go through?"

He lifted his head, looking into her eyes, his head slightly tilted.

Her hands let go of his shirt and she slowly reached up and cupped his face. She looked into his green eyes, admiring them. Admiring him. He raised his hand and wiped her wet eyelashes with his thumb.

She could kiss him, then and there. Trap herself in his arms, take advantage of the moment. Tell him that she fell in love with him. Face whatever his answer was.

But she had ought to be home now.

---

He made sure she was home safely, and she woke up the next Saturday feeling like it had all been a wild dream. She stared up at her ceiling, tranquilly listening to the birds outside. She patted her cheek. It wasn't a dream. She went and picked up her phone.

1 message from princesunflower.

She yawned, opening the message. It was sent around midnight. Does this boy ever sleep?

How was your date?

She sighed, sitting back onto her bed, and typed up a response.

it was wild, we're married now

Trudging to the bathroom, she played music on her phone as she brushed her teeth. She checked her phone again while eating cereal and was not surprised to see he has already responded.

See, usually moving too fast doesn't work, but you seemed to have nailed it this time. You tied a restless bad boy down with a marriage.

She rolled her eyes, laughing.

says the one who is truly restless, never a bed he can stay on

Except my own. ;)

pls never use emojis on me, go back to being a rich b r a t

Okay, chicken-bookbag, spacing out a word is too modern for me, please clarify, did you mean: "handsome prince"?

ah I forget that you are an old man oLd m A N

You know, I have your address.

I'm sorry I will go back to worshipping the ground you step on, prince sunflower.

So, what is a great date idea that can guarantee that I get love-love after it?

Min drew back, making a face.

prince you know how to do that already man they literally bite the lure whatever you throw at them.

I like insulting your very barbaric way of living, do give me material to insult.

well if you must know, us barbaric peasants do not have very high demands, a coffee date, it doesn't even have to be starbucks. Maybe donuts. Or chicken wings, or maybe even... wait for it. wait for it..... woah, is it? A walk in the pARK

Is that it? Not a lot to choose from.

or if you're lucky, said girl likes books and you guys can giggle around faking that you actually like books. I can tail you and slide in the comic books I really wanted to buyyy and you won't have a problem bc you ricHHHH

She smirked at her response, entertaining the thought of tailing Prince and his date (which is currently Vivi's image). She could get free comic books. They would be so focused on each other, he just needed to swipe that credit card. She hummed in satisfaction. Ah. Books.

if all fails, try going to Walmart

Why specifically Walmart?

well damn then go to the rich ppl equivalent of Walmart then

♚♥♞