IX

Chapter 9: Only Task

  ♚♥♞ 

Sometimes, it's after periods of peace that war storms in, which is why no one is able to take the hit without taking damage. The only task of importance is to minimalize the damage. Make yourself feel numb, then maybe nothing will get to you.

"No wonder he's taking so long to answer me favorably." Chloe glared at her, blocking her way. Min looked confused, she had just been trying to go home when she crossed paths with Prince's... possible girlfriend?

Min looked behind her, and then realized the mad girlfriend was glaring at her. Chloe stepped closer, and Min took a few tentative steps back.

"Really, you look like I'm the bitch here, while you're busy seducing my man—"

Min scrunched up her nose. "Seducing your man!? I don't know, maybe he just isn't interested."

With a snatch, a fistful of Min's hair was in Chloe's fist as Chloe leaned in closer, eyes threatening. Min hissed and endured the pain in her scalp.

"Stop talking like you think he's interested in you, you disgusting bitch."

"I never said that, did I?" Min muttered, defiant.

Chloe's other hand clawed down Min's cheek, and Min's eyes widened as she felt the pain. She screamed and pushed Chloe away, snarling. Chloe pushed her polished boot into Min's chest and Min fell onto her butt, looking at the floor in shock.

"Next time, I'll make sure the other half of the school hates you, and that your friends leave you again." Chloe smirked, spun away sassily, and clip-clopped off.

Min sat, nauseous and her eyes blurred. Her curled up body started shaking, and before she started crying, someone appeared before her.

Min flinched when she saw the shoes stop before her. "K-Kade?" She laughed, quickly wiping her tears.

The stranger squatted down and stared at her with alluring green eyes.

"Are you okay?"

Min tried to laugh but her laughs became choked up. Her lips shaking, she felt a tear slid down her face. She felt ashamed that she had broken her strong exterior and cried in front of some guy she's only seen a few times. It would have been worst if I cried in front of Prince.

After a few minutes of Min's soft crying and Carl patiently waiting, Carl finally spoke. "Your scratch."

Min looked up and touched the scratch gingerly and then looked back down, even more ashamed. How am I going to explain this? She noticed that Carl had put down his bag and got out an alcohol wipe and a band-aid. He set the band-aid in front of her, like he was asking "can I?"

Min lifted her head and let him dab the wipe to her wound. Then she let him stick on the band-aid and savored the part where his thumb rubbed the band-aid into place.

And it was after then she got up and thanked him.

And it was after that she knew she was in love with him.

♚♥♞

What if it really was Kade who found her then?