XXXVI

Chapter 36: Happy Ending

♚♥♞

She knew who she was. The minute Min saw Vivi, she recognized her. The girl from the party, the princess. And next to her, her prince. Seeing Vivi up close, Min realized how much prettier she was, and she looked so delicate, blushing as she fumbled for her paper. Getting worked up about her Prince standing close to her.

Min chuckled to herself, of course, Prince would have his happy ending first. And her, what was she doing? Her state of confusion, hallucinating about a fairy tale. She didn't have anyone.

What was she getting so worked up over?

---

When Kristy came out of class and spotted Min, she instantly sped over and carried out an attack on her friend. Her eyes screamed "what is going on!?" as she shook Min by the shoulders. Min looked utterly confused and could only sputter incomprehensible words as Kristy dragged her off.

"Did you see the new girl!?" Kristy demanded. "Did you see how she was next to Kade!?"

"Calm down—" Min replied. "You—You sound like a crazy jealous fangirl."

"Well, one of us has to be jealous for you!" Kristy exclaimed. "How are you feeling?"

"I've seen her at the party." Min sighed. "Also—jealous what?"

"The party!" Kristy screeched. "I forgot to ask about the party! Tell me everything!"

Min gave her a flat look. "I ate rich people chocolates and cheese and danced with Prince in his courtyard talking about murder before his mother came and dragged him away to introduce him to a delicate flower princess."

"That can't be true." Kristy whispered in horror.

Min paused and nodded slowly whilst backing away before she proceeded to sprint away.

"Min!" Kristy screeched behind her.

---

Kristy couldn't find Min afterwards since Min was promptly dragged away by Kade. The Prince seemed to be extremely impatient when he requested her company. Min allowed herself to be pulled away since she was promised free lunch.

"So, what's wrong with you today?" Min asked nonchalantly, enjoying the donuts that Kade had generously gifted her.

He glanced at her, and seemed to be lost for a quick minute before he took out his phone.

"Hey!" Min exclaimed. "You got a new one?"

He grinned. "Put your number in." He held it out to her.

Setting her donut aside, she took his shiny new phone and checked it out before putting her phone number in. Handing it back to him, she watched as he checked it.

He smiled. "Did you name yourself 'Cent'?"

"Even if I didn't, I know you would change it anyway."

"Did you get home on time yesterday?"

"Yeah." She replied. "Thanks."

"I—" Kade paused, caressing the phone in his hands. Min picked up her donut again.

"You?" She asked.

"Never mind."

---

After school, Min was attacked once again by Kristy and Grace. Both of them emitted a scary aura. Min knew she could not escape the questions this time and sighed in defeat.

"Alright—What do you want to know?"

"Kade told me he fell in love with someone." Kristy answered instantly.

Min stiffened.

"He won't tell me who it is."

"He didn't tell me anything either." Min stated.

Who could it be? Her mind was drifting from her friends' conversation. Could it be me? That's impossible. It must be—

"Her..." The word left her mouth before she could stop it.

Kristy whipped back to Min, eyes wide. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked Min.

"Is that what he was trying to tell me during lunch?" Min mused to herself.

Before they could continue anywhere with their theories, a voice behind them called out. Min turned around, recognizing the voice.

"Hello!"

♚♥♞