LII

Chapter 52: Your Room

♚♥♞

"And we are... in your room?"

Kade paused, hesitated, and removed his hands that were covering her eyes. "Yeah. How did you know?"

"Smelled it." Min joked, and let her eyes roam around the room.

Today was the day, the day he had promised to talk. They went to his house and Kade decided to show her his room. It was a wall of insecurity he had to tear down. For he feared that she would see his room as bland. Big. And blank.

"Where are you when you call me?" Min asked, settling into a sofa, kicking her feet onto the armrests. "'Hello, Cent?'"

He walked over to the door of his office and opened it. "Actually..." He laughed. "It's in here."

Min sat up and peered curiously into the little office. She stood up and trotted over.

She pointed at the chair. "Is that it?"

He nodded.

She pushed him a little. "Go, sit down. And pretend to call me."

He didn't know what she was trying to do, but he followed her instructions. He sat, did a little twirl and made phone dialing noises as he made a phone with his hand and held it to his face. He looked up at her, standing at the doorway.

"Cent?"

"What's up, Prince?" Min smiled, holding a hand to her face too, copying him. She closed the door behind her and walked in more.

"I want to tell you..." He paused. "Something."

"And what is that?"

He let the silence sit around them for a while, his eyes searching her face, trying to gauge her reaction. He looked down at the floor.

"I am not mentally okay." His hand started shaking.

"Yeah." Her voice had gotten softer. "We know."

"I was depressed."

---

"Walk me through, I am with you on the phone." Min bit her lip. "Anything."

He looked at her for a moment, before standing up and making his way to the door and opening it. He led her to the side of his bed and sat down on the floor next to it. She stood above him.

"Here." He mumbled. "I tried to..."

He swallowed.

He stood up, going to the door that led out of his room. He touched the doorknob. "I had locked my door. And Angel was screaming."

He shook his head.

"Cent." His voice wavered. "Cent, I don't know how."

"That's fine." Her stern voice startled him. "I'm sorry, I was foolish."

He stumbled and leaned his back against the door. He sighed, dragging a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, I'm just... weak. And this room, it's so empty and quiet and just—"

She embraced him before he could continue.

"You aren't sorry." She whispered. "You shouldn't be."

His body was shaking, she could feel it. And she could hear when he started crying. And it broke her heart into a million pieces hearing him trying to stifle it.