XVI

Chapter 16: The Villain

♚♥♞

You can lie to yourself. You can smile at the mirror and pretend that everything would be alright. You can do it.

Her eyes widened.

You can be the bitch they want you to be.

"Oh, sorry." The girl in front of her said, a half-empty can of soda in her hand. The other half had gone onto Min's shirt with a sickeningly sweet stench. The girl looked like she was genuinely sorry.

For a moment.

Min's expression hardened. The girl shoved past her, her curls bouncing as she hid a smile behind her hair. She didn't look like the girl to do such a thing, and her baby face would lead many to assume that she was an innocent soul.

No problem. Min thought to herself, walking to get napkins. No problem, no problem, no problem. She unclenched her fist and allowed it to close on the napkins.

I forgot. I'm the bitch here. That's right, I forgot that the Prince had fans. I allowed myself to go too far. I'm the bitch, I'm the bitch.

The villain doesn't get to be friends with the Prince in the end.

Min twisted the napkin against her shirt, shaking.

The villain gets no one.

---

Carl usually glanced at her once and then sat down in his chair so they could begin discussing the project. He had been showing up to school more, which had earned some curious glances from the teachers. But today, instead of sitting down, he remained standing and he stared at her shirt.

Min just persistently stared at her desk.

"Is something wrong?" The English teacher asked, raising an eyebrow. This caught the attention of most of the class, including Prince.

Min flinched.

"No," Carl responded slowly and sat down and the stares begrudgingly turned somewhere else. Kade's gaze remained.

"Again." Carl murmured.

Min's face scrunched up and she dug her teeth into her lips. She felt her hands getting colder. How long could she glare at the desk until it dented under her pain?

Carl sighed, almost sounding like he was angry.

But it can't be. Min shut her eyes. He can't care for someone like me. After all, he also has the attention of a few girls. He can choose his pick too.

"Let's write the story after school. At the library."

She flinched again.

"I'll walk you there."

No. I can't meet up with you! She wanted to protest. I'm the witch—

"You'll be safe."

She felt her resolve breaking, and in a shaking voice, she finally answered him, "Okay."

---

Prince had a feeling that he shouldn't talk to Min. But he couldn't hold back, he wanted to talk to her about the phone call they had. So, even when she walked past him in the empty hallway, he chased after her.

"Wait!" He yelled. "Min-wait—"

But then he stopped.

She had stopped in front of a boy. A boy with soft brown hair and green eyes that seemed to analyze everything. Green eyes that observed what other eyes wouldn't.

Min glanced back, her eyes rimmed with red, and her pained eyes finally landed on him. Kade felt himself suck in a breath and then he turned to his right and entered another hallway, allowing the wall to obscure the vision that made him dizzy with regret.

"Was that...?" He heard her partner ask.

"Let's just go." Min's voice sounded far away but too close at the same time. "He's probably looking for some other girl to fill his sheets."

Prince heard them leave and felt his legs moving slower.

He couldn't get the image of the stain on her shirt out of his head.

Who else's demands do I have to meet to save her?

But whatever he did, he would always have to work behind the scenes. He would never actually get the chance to sweep in like the Prince Charming he was supposed to be. Not with her.

Because he was always her problem.

---

"Ka—" This is happening again!

He felt her arms wrap around his shoulder. His shirt was unbuttoned down the middle and he was sidling closer with an emotionless look. The girl's body curled against him, and shivered as he placed kisses on the skin behind her ear.

Make it stop. Make it stop!

He lowered her onto her back, biting her earlobe, a whimper escaping her lips. The puff of air blew against Kade's tousled hair.

"Ah—"

What the fuck are you doing, Romeo!?

He hesitated, then gritted his teeth, pulling back and seeing the girl's eyes filled with lust.

Her hands were roaming in his hair.

Another girl. Another time. Same thing, same thing.

I don't want to do this. His mind screamed. It doesn't matter if you like Min or not, just stop doing this. Do it another time, chicken out again, please.

He felt his stubbornness crumble and he removed the girl's hands from his hair and then he removed himself away from her. He clenched his teeth and started buttoning his shirt.

The girl sat up, not bothering to put on her shirt. "Leaving already?" She asked quietly.

I don't want to have sex with you.

"Sorry." He breathed. "I'm a little dizzy."

I don't want to touch you.

"I'll walk you out—"

"I'll be fine." He interrupted, standing up, giving her a brief smile before swiftly turning on his heel and leaving.

He was only out for a few minutes before he felt his head clouding up with what to text Min. What to do with her. What to do to her.

But then the Prince denied himself his selfish desires.

♚♥♞