Seven

Cassiopeia had woken up the next morning in the arms of Fred Weasley.

"Fred?" Cassiopeia asked but he didn't wake up, so instead she flicked him on the forehead and his head shot up.

"What? What? Are you okay? Does your hand hurt?" Cassiopeia glanced down at her hand to see that it was all bandaged up.

"No, I'm okay, I forgot that happened actually . . . " Fred chuckled softly as he pulled the blankets off of them.

"You know me and George are gonna give her hell, right?"

"No, you're not. This is my battle, one I don't need you fighting for me. Once Tonks gets down to Hogwarts-"

"Tonks is coming?"

"I wrote her a letter before detention, I don't know if she'll come though, with training and then being with Lupin I don't know." To Fred Cassiopeia still looked exhausted.

"What is it, what's wrong?" Cassiopeia asked Fred as he looked a little sad.

"She hurt you."

"Fred, I'm okay..." Grabbing his hand she squeezed it tightly. "I promise."

"She carved 'I must respect my superio-" Fred watched as the girl cried out in pain,   her hair shifted colours almost instantly. Red, pink, brown and back to her natural hair colour.

"What the hell was that?!" Cassiopeia screamed as she looked at her hair.

"It happened last night too." Fred admitted.

"What?!" To Cassiopeia, it seemed like Fred was so calm about the situation at hand, but internally he was planning the biggest revenge for the evil toad woman who did this to his Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia felt her hand start to burn again, looking at the bandage she saw blood seeping out of the fabric.

"That's it, I'm taking you to Madam Pomfrey." Fred spoke as he got up from the sofa, he helped her up gently.

"What's happening?" Cassiopeia asked him with slight worry as her hair still continued to change colour rapidly.

"We've got to go, now."

Fred and Cassiopeia had arrived to the hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey was shocked to what she had also witnessed.

"My dear, what's-" she had cut herself off when she noticed the bandage on the girls hand. Cassiopeia sat on the hospital bed and when she saw what was written on the girls had she knew exactly what had happened.

"I'm afriad this isn't something we can cure here, we're going to have to take her to St Mungo's."

"Just swish your wand and do something! You helped Harry every single time he got hurt, and the boy had been attacked by a bloody dementor so you bette-"

Then everything went dark.

"What did you do?" Fred asked in complete shock as Cassiopeia collapsed on the bed.

"I swished my wand and did something." Madam Pomfrey grinned at the Gryffindor boy who was still in shock as he got there.

The day had been long and Cassiopeia had been in St. Mungo's hospital and she hadn't been awake since Hogwarts.

"What happened?" Andromeda asked the healers as she was with her two daughters in the hospital.

"She'd been complaining about this new teacher but I wouldn't think she'd actually harm Peia, I just thought she was being dramatic." Nymphadora spoke  honestly.

"It seems as if someone used a Blood quill on your daughter. Looking at who her family is, my guess is the poison from the blood quill thinned any of her Muggle blood she had in her. The differences between Muggle and magical blood is that Magical blood is a lot thicker and easier to control, however with Muggle blood loosing it constantly through the night could cause severe complications, I would've thought that anyone else who may have used it would have the same reaction. However, the Metamorphmagus blood that runs through her veins, she may have not been born one but she has the gene in her body, therefore as the Muggle blood is thinning out the more dominant gene which would be the Metamorphmagus is trying to repare what the Muggle gene couldn't. Which explains why her hair is rapidly changing colour, but there might be side affects of loosing a prominent genetical gene that you were born with."

"What is it?"

"Because her Muggle blood isn't a variable anymore her body will have to adapt to the new dominant genes, possibly creating new ones."

"New ones? What's that supposed to mean?"

"So your daughter, has three types of blood which would consider her a half breed. You've got the Muggle blood that's failing due to the poison from the blood quill, then you've got the magical blood that's trying to replace the Muggle blood, but then you've got the Metamorphmagus blood that's trying repair the genes that aren't there anymore."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means your daughters body will adapt to whichever is the strongest."

"So she could be like me?" Nymphadora asked

"Yes and No, you were born with what you are. Your sister was genetically deprived, meaning that she would  only become part of what you are, it's in her veins but it didn't become her. If her body did choose the Metamorphmagus gene then Yes, she would become like you but only partly. From the looks of it, her body is still deciding."