Twenty Three

The order was sat  together at grimmauld place with Cassiopeia at the front of the table, ready to tell the order what she knew about Tom, but one thing she refused to do was look at Fred.

"What is it then?" Mad eye asked as she took a deep breath.

"I know something that might distract You-Know-Who, knowing what Harry has told us, we might need a distraction."

"What is it?" Harry asked as he watched her body language change.

"Me."

"Care to explain Tonks? We haven't got all day." Moody grunted. "What makes you so special to the dark Lord?" Cassiopeia could feel all the eyes on her.

"I know Tom." Some members of the order flinched at the use of his real name.

"I know that he's very good at manipulation, I know that despite his house colour he hates green, I know why he hates Muggles, I know why he is the way he is. I know what he did to Ginny because I helped him." Some of the members tensed up as shouting alarmed everyone in the room.

"Then why doesn't Azkaban have a cell with your name on it? You aren't old enough-"

"I helped Tom take over Ginny, I helped open  the chamber of secrets, and that almost killed Ginny and Harry! That was me! Without me, Tom wouldn't have been able to do it, when Harry destroyed Tom's diary I felt it! I felt him dying like it was apart of me, so don't you dare tell me there's nothing I could've done that's nearly as bad as Peter Pettigrew. I know what I did was terrible, I know that I-I that I--" Cassiopeia held in her tears as she scrunched up her hands unable to communicate the words she wanted to.

"Moody, what's happening to her?" Nymphadora asked quickly as they noticed she physcially couldn't tell anyone.

"Don't touch her Nymphadora, we don't know what spell she's under." Normally, Tonks would shout at the man for calling her Nymphadora but now wasn't the time .

"Under a spell? What? What's going on?"

"There's a spell, it almost acts like a charm, it's called  Verum dolorem, it makes the person unable to reveal secrets a bond has shared with them in the past, it's like lock and she's trying to fight it." Moody spoke carefully as he watched the colours in her hair change rapidly, switching uncontrollable, into colours people couldn't even imagine.

"It's like a lock?" Harry asked as he rubbed his scar.

"What's the matter, Potter?" Moody asked

"It's nothing." Although Harry had a theory and he hoped he was wrong.

Sirius stood up from his seat and grabbed the girls hand,

"Sirius!" Harry shouted, ready to protect his godfather but he wasn't sure what he was protecting him from.

"Cassiopeia Tonks, this is Sirius Black, I'm asking you to come back to us, can you do it? Can you fight it?"

"What happens if she can't?" Harry asked Moody.

"She'll die." By this point, Fred was stuck in shock and confusion not knowing what to do.  Moody lifted his wand and made a silent incantation that lifted the girl from Voldemorts pain, gasping for air; Cassiopeia fell to her knees holding her wrists to herself.

"What the bloody hell just happened?" Ronald asked as he and Hermione were left in shock with everybody else.

Severus stood up to attend to the girl who didn't have long left, hours even.

"Is there something you can do?" Harry asked Snape in a completely desperate voice.

"It's uncertain, even if miss Tonks were to. . . Survive, she won't be herself. Barely a fragment of it." Nymphadora pushed Severus aside so she could help her sister, crying in tears if she had known it resulted in possible death she wouldn't have let her tell the order, but not even Cassiopeia knew.

The dark magic that was now in Cassiopeia's blood wasn't just dark magic, it wasn't a sliver of Voldemorts soul either, it was almost like a dementor had reached into Cassiopeia's soul and took some of it because of her betrayal to the dark Lord, how she attempted to tell them secrets Cassiopeia had promised to keep a secret.

It was like her blood was filled with so much more darkness that not only had he captivated her in those seconds using her memory, he used every happy memory she had and turned it into something that wasn't true. It was Toms personal way of showing everyone what happens if you betrayed him.

Cassiopeia Tonks didn't have long left.