Twenty one

Tom watched as Cassiopeia sat next to him, he watched as she rested her head against her hands.

"Why do you seem sad?" Tom asked, he didn't really care, he just felt like he needed to say it.

"I want to go home. I miss my dad."

"Isn't he a Muggle born? Why would you miss him?" Cassiopeia looked shocked.

"He's my father, why wouldn't I miss him? Why would I care about his blood?!" Cassiopeia snapped as she looked angry at him.

"I'm just like you Cassiopeia, my father, a muggle who abandoned me. Who abandoned my mother, she never loved something more, the moment I came, he left, he didn't want anything to do with it, I don't believe in love or kindness, that's why I need you."

"You need me?" Cassiopeia asked hopefully, but what she didn't know was that he needed her for information, he didn't 'need' her as a person, Tom never truly cared. Cassiopeia hadn't even put together that Tom had gotten it wrong, she wasn't like him, her father was a muggle born, not a muggle. She didn't care even if he was a muggle, she was apart of him, she was made of him, she wouldn't change that for the world.

If only things hadn't gone so wrong.

"Yes, I need you."

"Tom, I'm scared. I don't want anything bad to happen."

"Everything will be put right, the way it was supposed to be."

Cassiopeia was caught out of her memory as she listened to Sirius' mother screech at him, and him arguing back at her, putting a blanket over the portrait to shut her up.

"You okay?" Sirius asked over his mother's consistent howling.

"I could be worse." Cassiopeia chuckled, she never felt so. . . Weak. Thinking about Tom made her skin crawl with guilt, sadness and most of all, loneliness. It was like being a child all over again, falling for his charming behaviour and keeping a secret so far to herself that she forgot it.

"You want to talk about it?" Sirius asked but Cassiopeia shook her head.

"Where did Tonks go?" Cassiopeia asked and Sirius pointed towards the kitchen, standing up, she walked into the kitchen where Kreature the house elf stood, glaring at the werewolf across the room.

"Kreature, if you keep frowning like that, it will stick."

"I'm not frowning."

"I told you so." This made Remus' lips curl up in a small smile.

"Lupin, Tonks. . . I have an announcement." Cassiopeia spoke up which made the two adults sit up and look at her.

"We ran out of Chocolate, Remus ate it all, we need more."

"I'm not getting you more of that fake chocolate, and you can bet that it wasn't me." Remus spoke defensively.

"Fake chocolate?" Tonks asked as she looked between her sister and Remus.

'White Chocolate.' Remus muttered under his breath, however suddenly, Dumbledore's portrait stumbled into an empty one.

"It's the Weasleys!" Dumbledore gasped, Cassiopeia rushed to the portrait to ask what had happened, it was dark outside, how much trouble could Fred and George get in in one night? Surely it had to be a mistake.

Hearing the voices of concern in the other room, Sirius walked in, and the scene he saw was something he wasn't expecting.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked, Cassiopeia turned around with tears in her eyes. It seemed like in the past week, all she had been doing was crying.

"Arthur Weasley was attacked, Albus' portrait has gone to find someone in the Ministry, h-he's badly hurt."

"How did we find out?"

"Harry saw it."

"What? Where is he? Is he okay?"

"He's fine, he's at Hogwarts, with Dumbledore. The Weasley's are coming here, Molly will be waiting at St. Mungo's, it's not something that  children should he seeing, especially not their father." Nymphadora spoke as she gave a side hug to Cassiopeia.

It seems like hours before the Weasley family arrived, Cassiopeia was waiting impatiently, tapping her foot and biting her nails, her hair had gone a shade of lilac in pure worry.

There was a loud crack and Cassiopeia jumped up, and ran to where the noise had come from.

"Fred! George!" Cassiopeia ran to them, hugging them tightly, looking at them she saw how broken they looked, going over to Ginny, Cassiopeia hugged her too as she seemed so shaken up. The moment she hugged them it was almost like a sigh of relief that escaped her lips, like she could be okay knowing that they were there, with her.

"Have you heard anything?" Cassiopeia asked, Fred shook his head as he looked like he was trying to keep himself together. Cassiopeia went over to him and hugged him, this time it was just him, she rested her head against his chest as he hugged her back, resting his head by her shoulders.

"It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay." Fred hugged her and she hugged him, she knew now was not the time for jokes.

"Where's Molly?" Cassiopeia asked them as she let go of Fred, Fred slightly held onto her for some comfort.

"At the hospital with dad." Said Ron, looking completely exhausted.

"Should we go in the living room?" Cassiopeia asked, "at least then we'll be able to get some rest, be comfy."  Ginny nodded as she dragged Ron to go into the place that Sirius and Cassiopeia had been cleaning all day.

Fred sat with Cassiopeia as they shared a seat but she didn't want to separate the twins in a time like this, getting up slowly, she wanted to move so they could sit next to each other but George stopped her.

"Where are you going?" George asked with worry.

"Nowhere, I promise, I just thought you two should sit together, you know. . . As a family."

"Do you honestly think you're not apart of our famil?" George asked as he dragged the girl back into the living room.

"Georgia, I really think-"

"Oh. You two can sit here if you'd like." Fred spoke, with a more broken voice then he did before. Standing up he sat on the sofa instead of the arm chair.

Cassiopeia stood in this awkward situation, she didn't know what to do and she knew this wasn't the problem at the moment, it shouldn't be what anyone was focusing on at the time. Cassiopeia sat down with George as Fred sighed deeply, sitting next to Ron and Ginny.

A/N I quickly wanted to say thank you to everyone who's reading ♡ (I can see you, I know your there silent readers, thank you.) There's going to be a few twists in the next couple of chapters, and this will go into the half blood Prince, I know there are a few unfinished storylines but they will tie up eventually.

Thank you for 1.77k!♡