Eighteen

"FILTHY BLOOD TRAITORS IN MY HOUSE! MY HOUSE IS SAVED FOR THE PURE BLOODED WITCHES AND WIZARDS NOT FILTHY DISGUSTING MUDBLOODS AND TRAIRORS ALIKE! I HOPE YOU ALL BURN!" Walburga Black screamed as Cassiopeia returned with her sister to help Sirius.

"She's a charming woman, isn't she?" Cassiopeia asked Nymphadora who smiled. Nymphadora was almost completely done with her Auror training and since her sister didn't have the protection of Albus Dumbledore and Hogwarts anymore, Nymphadora requested she be the one to escort her sister from wherever she needed to be.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP YOU OLD HAG?" The two looked at each other as they heard Sirius' voice echo through out the house, "YOU'RE THE ONLY VILE THING HERE!"

Walburga Black continued to scream insults at the girls as the went to greet Sirius, although despite Cassiopeia's fondness of the man inftont of her, he looked like shit.

"You alright there Patsy?" Cassiopeia asked him as she moved one of the books.

"Kreature and my mother have been picking fights with buckbeak." As soon as he said that Buckbeak screeched at Walburga's portrait.

"I could take Buckbeak out for a little bit? A daily stroll around the neighbour hood? It can't be good for the poor thing to be here constantly. You as well Patsy."

"Yes, but unlike this poor excuse for a Hippogriff I can't go out for a daily stroll because of you've forgotten, I've escaped Azkaban."

"Why don't you take Polyjuice Potion?" Cassiopeia asked him with general curiosity.

"It's too Risky," Tonks started as she helped move some boxes, "You can never be sure with Polyjuice Potion, if he gets caught that's it."

Going through some of the boxes, Cassiopeia found a newspaper near the time of James and Lily's death.

 25th October‎, ‎1981‎

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED
IS ON THE MOVE.

IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTRITION THAT HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED AND HIS FOLLOWERS ARE TARGETING MUGGLE AND MUGGLE BORN STATUS.'

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS WITH DEATH EATERS AT A MUGGLE GAFFE IN LONDON.

17 DEAD.

Cassiopeia read through them until she saw the one of November 1st 1981, the headline read,

THE BOY WHO LIVED DEFEATED VOLDEMORT AND LILY AND JAMES POTTER TRAITOR REVEALED.

SIRIUS ORION BLACK, A SUPPORTER OF VOLDEMORT, A TRAITOR TO LILY AND JAMES POTTER, GAVE THEIR WHEREABOUTS TO VOLDEMORT ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT, SADLY, LILY AND JAMES POTTER WERE MURDERED AT HANDS OF VOLDEMORT HIMSELF.

HARRY JAMES POTTER, SON OF LILY AND JAMES SURVIVED THE ATTACK AND HAS BEEN SAFELY REMOVED FROM THE SITUATION. THE ONE YEAR OLD WAS FOUND WITH A LIGHTNING SCAR, GIVEN TO HIM BY VOLDEMORT AFTER HE SURVIVED THE KILLING CURSE.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE ENSURED THE SAFETY OF MR AND MRS POTTER'S ONLY SON, THE BOY WHO LIVED.

ANY DETAIL IN THE BOYS WHEREABOUTS IS UNKNOWN, CONSPIRACY THEORISTS BELIVE THE BOY HAS BEEN MOVED INTO MUGGLE TERRITORY FOR HIS OWN SAFETY.

THE WAR HAS ENDED, VOLDEMORT IS DEAD, THE BOY WHO LIVED SAVED US ALL.

MAY LILY AND JAMES POTTER REST IN PEACE.

Sirius watched the girls frown as she read the newspaper.

"It's a load of bullshit, isn't it?" Sirius asked her as he sat down next to her.

"Everyone believed it was true, everyone still believes it." Cassiopeia sighed as she looked at Sirius Black.

"James was my best friend growing up, if James was hurting, I was hurting, If someone pissed off James, they pissed me off, he was my brother. Everyone thought I had killed my own brother, even with escaping Azkaban, it still feels like I'm trapped."

"I can't say I understand, because I don't know what twelve years in Azkaban is like, hell, I don't even get grounded anymore."- Sirius laughed and let the girl continue, "Dumbledore has done everything right by my family, but he did wrong by you." Cassiopeia finished as she looked at him.

"Don't you want to be a free man, Sirius? Get your name cleared by the ministry?"

"I need Peter to do that." Sirius told her but then Cassiopeia thought of something, she paused for a moment and Sirius caught the idea in her eyes.

"What?"

"Severus is apart of the order now, isn't he?" Sirius grumbled, just at the name of Severus Snape.

"Yes."

"I've had a theory that Umbridge might use Veritaserum on students, I mean if she could do this to me with a blood quill what's stopping her from using a truth telling potions when she's in complete control of punishments?"

"What are you getting at here little Tonks?"

"Instead of you going in to do the trial, because the risk of getting caught, why don't they use Veritaserum to prove your innocence? It's not like someone can lie, that's the whole point of it. Severus can make the potion, he's apart of the order,  we just need someone who's willing to take it in front of fudge to prove your innocence and bam, you're a free man."

"There's a couple problems with that, Just because you're telling the truth doesn't mean you're giving the full story. If questions are structured in such a way that the answer will paint a different picture, that could jeopardize the whole system. In other words, it won't be the truth, it won't be facts, it would be whatever the person believes to be true,  and it can be manipulated."

"Hey guys, look what I found." Sirius and Cassiopeia's conversation had been cut of when Tonks came in with a picture.

"It's the original order of the Phoenix."