Sixteen

"She has been expelled. . ." Andromeda whispered.

"ON WHAT GROUNDS?"

"Threatening the life of a well respected professor, failing to follow simple instructions, failing to follow rules, verbally abusing multiple professors, insulting staff members when being offered help and. . . Her behaviour is causing worry to professors that she might be a threat to the school." Andromeda read the letter over and over again.

Dumbledore paced back and forth in his study as he had Cassiopeia Tonks with her parents, unsure of what to do.

"Dumbledore, surely you can't allow this?" Andromeda started, "There must be a way."  Professor Umbridge was also in the room as she watched the old man make a decision.

"Did you threat the life of a staff member Miss Tonks?" Dumbledore asked Cassiopeia as she nodded and looked away.

"And whoes life did you threaten?"

"Professor Umbridge, Sir." Dumbledore paused for a moment,

"Was there any particular reason in which you did what you did?"

"She hurt me, physically. You of all people must know this, I was only telling her the truth and it wasn't a threat, it was a promise. I'm not sure why we're all hiding behind the Ministry if we all know Voldemo-"

"Enough! Miss Tonks! Enough!" Umbridge snapped as she walked up to Dumbledore and Snape who was standing behind him.

"Don't you see? She is completely unacceptable of seeing the truth! She's paranoid! We ought to see she get some help!" Umbridge shouted.

"With all due respect Dumbledore, I have been a victim of Cassiopeia's wrath, and if I must say so myself. . . She must not be trusted. You'll never know when she might. . . break." Cassiopeia was ready to attack Severus when her mother held her back.

"Did you insult professor Snape Miss Tonks? Would you mind recalling what you said to him from the best of your memory?" Dumbledore asked but Cassiopeia mumbled.

"I'm sorry dear, at this old age, my hearings gone a bit sour, would you mind speaking up?"

"I called him an insufferable child." Cassiopeia whispered as she avoided her mother's side glare. Dumbledore looked at the man he knew since he was a boy with dissapointment
written across his face.

"Are you a threat to the school, Miss Tonks?"

"No-"

"That's a lie, she has been selling sweets that cause children to become unwell! Madam Pomfrey had to treat dozens of students because of her little tricks!" Umbridge wailed as she looked at Cassiopeia with pure hatred.

"Do you have any proof that it was Cassiopeia Tonks?"

"I- She- she's friends with the creators!"

"Discrimination by association is something we do not tolerate here at Hogwarts professor Umbridge, surely Fudge told you that. Now, it seems as though we must come to an agreement-"

"I agree to leave Hogwarts." Cassiopeia spoke up earning surprised looks from everyone in the room.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I don't want to be somewhere that I don't feel safe, and with all due respect headmaster, Professor Umbridge has already physcially hurt me, sent me to hospital and made physical changes to my every day life. Clearly if she is still in charge it means whatever left of Hogwarts isn't something worth returning to. I have spent six years here with no trouble - okay, with no serious trouble, but I won't be a victim of someone's poor decisions. I'm making this choice for me, and mum, you don't have to agree with it, but if one of the best wizards can't overstep Umbridge in her wrath of hatred for students, I've got nothing left here." Cassiopeia told Dumbledore with nothing but confidence.

"Are you sure this is what you want, Miss Tonks? What of your education?"

"I will teach her at home. She is old enough to use magic outside of Hogwarts so that's shouldn't be a problem."  Cassiopeia gave her mother a smile.

"Very well then, you are to say goodbye to your friends and are free to stay the night, tomorrow your mother can apperate you to wherever you need to go." Cassiopeia nodded at Dumbledore as a sign of respect, and he returned it.

"I'll see you later professor."

When leaving the head masters office Cassiopeias mother decided to stay behind while she discussed things with Dumbelfore further, leaving the room she was greeted by Fred, George, Lee and Angelina.

"What happened?"

"Are you expelled?"

"We saw your mum arrive, it can't be anything good."

"Dumbledore was going to fight my case for me to stay at Hogwarts." Everyone sighed in relief -" but I told him not to." frowns and more questions erupted.

"What?"

"You're leaving?!"

"Where are you going to go?"

"What about the shop?" Everyone turned to Fred and gave him a look.

"What? I'm thinking about the future!"

"I'm in your future?" Cassiopeia asked with a teasing grin.

"I thought you wanted to help with the shop?" Fred asked her, and Cassiopeia had smiled. He had been listening, all the times she had shouted at him.

"I'm gonna miss you all. . ." Cassiopeia sighed as she looked to her friends.

"Then stay with us." Fred told her while the others agreed.

"You know I can't do that, but I want to ask something of you?"

"You're leaving us and you are asking got favours?" Lee joked as he had his hand on his heart.

"Make her life hell."

"We're two steps ahead of you."