The Northern Chasm, Part I

17 Alturiak 1518

So we all started off in the Yawning Portal. Pretty nifty place if you ask me. It's run by this hot little thing called Tamsil (wish she would be my damsel!) Anyway we learned about this murderer running around Waterdeep cutting off his victims hands. We also learned of a mugging were some Fish dude Berblaksis or something like that stole a statue from Grundar and fled into this chasm north of town.

So we make a party and head out. We got a tiny dwarf that is quite savage with an axe, a beautiful half-elf shining in armor, a regal looking street fighter, and me, the best damn magic sailor in the world! As we are looking for some clues to these murders we are approached by a little girl looking for a group of adventurers. we hop in a carriage and ride north to this fancy pants clubhouse in the rich part of town. The Adroit Society - bunch of nobles making bets with each other using other people to do their business for them. Anyway, they want us to find some map and return it to them. They tried to say they would need time to verify it before they pay us, I convinced them otherwise.

As a group we decided to go ahead and search for this chasm. We traveled for ever, then out of nowhere this Ankheg came out of the ground ready to kill! In the blink of an eye Amber (the dwarf barbarian) cracked that thing right in the head. I lunged at it to give it a shock (and very gracefully missed) The Princess ran behind and cut it then punched the thing right in the face! Lorzaren (Half-elves are awesome) swung at it with his longsword then readied his shield. The thing struck at Amber and got her leg with its acid spit. I flew around a bit looking badass. Finally Amber jumped off of Lorzaren's shield (was she crying?) and sliced the things head off!

---

Photo: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Ankheg-187151811