From Effie with Love, Part I

3 Ches 1518  

My Dear Priestess, 

I am lying here, unable to sleep, after a 10 day long journey with my new adventurer friends. I have decided to write to you about all the happenings of our adventure, in hopes that I may calm my mind and find some rest tonight.

It all started on Alturiak 24, 1518 DR. It was a cold and windy day. Snow was on the ground, but there was finally a break in the fresh falling snow. My day started out like any normal day. I woke up and prayed to the goddess for blessing on the day's adventures. I then headed into Waterdeep to do the goddess' work by helping those in need.

I had just entered the North gate of Waterdeep, when I started to, unprovokingly, be attacked by a group of Clay Men. It caught me off guard as they were suddenly overpowering me. Just as I thought I had met my demise, a human swooped me up and got me to safety inside a local inn called The Cozy Couch. Once inside we were greeted by a lovely elderly couple by the names of Able and Ellis Fisherson. Also, inside the lobby area of the inn were a half orc named Jolly, a wood elf named Ara, and a Quadrone named 843. They were all affiliated with a nameless group of adventurers who frequents Waterdeep. They were discussing what adventuring path they would be taking for the day.

We noticed a bulletin board of local announcements. On the board was a sign for information on the wizard, Dark Wand, who was wanted for his attacks with his Clay Men on the people walking through the streets of Waterdeep. Well now I knew what happened to me and I made a mental note of this for later. Maybe if I can get this adventuring group to help me, we can eventually track down this Dark Wand and stop him from attacking more innocent people on the streets and I can do a good deed by sparing future people from this horrendous atrocity.

The human who saved me is Caine from the Monastery of the Hills. He was sent by Master Poe to seek information and assistance. The monastery has been under frequent attacks by goblins who have been coming in from the hills, east of the city.

---

Photo: https://www.deviantart.com/art/lost-road-inn-332902523