Delivery of the Almanacs, Part III

At Serpentil Books and Folios, Rue recognized protective arcane runes on the doorway, which were not in effect during the daylight. Still, we entered cautiously to the sound of a tin bell. Rue spoke to Jannaxil and discovered he did in fact have information about Grebius Kreft but was only willing to release it if we would retrieve for him a spell book from the Waterdeep embassy of the Red Wizards (formerly the Red Wizards of Thay), a task we knew was well beyond our current abilities. We recorded the quest in our adventure log and left the establishment. I wondered silently if my former vocation back in the Dalelands might come in handy.

Dusk was near, and we decided to head back to The Cozy Couch. We walked part of the way and hailed rickshaws for the remainder of our journey. We reached The Cozy Couch safely by nightfall.

18 Ches 1518

The four of us began the day by removing a mirror from The Cozy Couch with permission from Abel Fisherson and a guarantee to replace it. We gathered our horse and cart from the stables, counted our rations and torches, and left the city through Waterdeep's North Gate, looking for a basilisk and its eggs in the Sword Mountain foothills. That night we camped near the Ruins of the Three Pillars.

19 Ches 1518 (The Vernal Equinox)

The next morning, on the Vernal Equinox, we explored a nearby set of giant 50'-tall doors set into the ruins of a 200' limestone wall. We met another adenturing party by the name of the Blue Rangers, who told us we were in the presence of the ruins of Stone Hell Dungeon, an ancient, abandoned prison inhabited by hordes of kobolds and possible treasure. They told us it was certainly possible a basilisk had made a home in the area or even the dungeons themselves, though they had not seen one.

A dungeon crawl was more than the four of us had anticipated or prepared for, so we marked Stone Hell on our map and headed back south towards Waterdeep, arriving and entering through the North Gate on 20 Ches 1518.

---

Photo: https://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Door-to-Kaelumurbs-604487990