Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Nemesis

" Ang galing! Baka Montero namin iyan!"

Bumuntong hininga ako at napangiti nalang din. Nahigh blood ako doon ha. Sinabi nang hindi ako nag register, eh!

" Ba't pala nandoon ka, Montero? Nagulat nalang kami pinapapunta kami ni Kenshin sa field. Kanina kapa kasi namin hinahanap!"

Napasulyap ako kay Fujiwara na nakatungo lang at nakangisi. Oo nga, paano niya kaya nalaman?

" Get out, you jerk. Shoo, hindi ka puwede lumapit sa Ma'am namin!"

" Aba't-"

Cheshire stuck his tongue out again and hid behind me.

" Can you still do a practice match, Nemesis?" Fujiwara from the crowd asked. Napalingon ako sa kaniya.

" A-ako ba?"

" Hmm."

" S-susubukan ko. Sino ba ang magiging katunggali?"

" Ako."

Nagbulungan ang mga kasamahan namin.

" Si Gonzales nalang, Kenshin. Pagpahingahin mo muna si Montero," a man suggested. Tumango ako at napatingin din kay Kenshin.

" That's fine. If Nemesis can't do it, Gonzales and I would."

He was referring to the man who approached me this afternoon. Nginitian niya ako nang mapansing napatingin ako sa kaniya. Nag- iwas ako ng tingin.

I sincerely thanked the men for being there, though. Inaamin ko na nawala ako sa pokus nang marinig ang issue ng mga Montero. I didn't know that Louige would tell other people about it. Now, I should be ready because bad news will surely wash over my triumph today.

And what's with Marga by the way? Wala naman akong ginawang masama sa kaniya. Is she sure she would fight me just because of a petty matter? At the beginning of the match, she looked pretty confident pero noong tumira ako ng tatlong diyes ay nataranta siya.

My, I have practiced archery since I was a child. And there was a part of my life where I lived in Japan, a place which takes archery seriously since that is an ancient practice that they're trying preserve it until now.

Nagkibit na lang ako ng balikat sa inasta ng babae. She's gorgeous but she's dumb.

We resumed the training around 2:30 pm. Many of them already paired to do the real practice. Kenshin gave me the privilege to rest first knowing that I played archery two hours ago. Pagtungtong ng alas tres ay nilapitan na ako ni Kenshin.

" Do you think you can still take the possible force?" seryosong tanong nito.

" Bakit naman kasi ako? You can choose other participant."

" Because you're a Montero and I know that you're a half-blooded Japanese."

" So what are you trying to say?"

" What we're giving is a performance, not a fight. I'd rather have someone who can fight with me harmoniously."

Napaikot ang mata ko. Kaartehan.

" Fine."

I changed into a black hakama before we could start. I met Kenshin at the center of the swords room. Now, we looked like real samurai. I approached the table and got a katana and a wakizashi.

" You'll use both?"

" Uh-huh."

" Cool."

" At this time, we'll use the real katana for an accurate depiction of fencing or swordsmanship. Observe the offense and defense. See the force that we put into the blades as we attack each other," Kenshin took the initiative to give them objectives on why they will watch us take the match.