3. Personal

Brendon spends nearly half an hour helplessly swiping left or right, he's bored. He's texted a few people here and there, the men being a bit more abrupt than some of the women on here.

He tries not to dwell too much on why he's on the app. To him, dating apps were like the last resort; dating apps were for when you've completely given up on yourself. Yes, he knows it's not like that for everyone, but most. Brendon's sighing to himself every so often, thumb sliding to the right once he reads someone's poor excuse of their love for adventure.

"Damn," he suddenly mutters, a new profile on screen.

Brendon observes with hooded eyes. He sees dark brown hair and pale skin. He sees Josh and he sees 29.

Brendon's quick to click on his picture to explore more in depth. This guy was definitely a looker, he's nearly baffled he's even on the app.

"How has no one. . ."

Brendon goes through his pictures one by one. The first is Josh in the sun, eyes practically glistening hazel with his smile shining just the same. The second is him casually drinking coffee out of a mug with a pun on it, the third is one where he looks much more smug than the others. And the forth is a mirror picture. "What the fuck."

Josh wasn't alone in this one.

He's snuggling his nose into someone else's neck, one arm around them while the other takes the picture.

"Knew it was too good to be true," Brendon says to himself, about to click away until something catches his eye.

The description, something pops out fast.

Third member.

He furrows his brows, scrolling down farther to see what it was.

Hi, I'm Josh. I enjoy a lot of things that are probably too uninteresting for your liking - photography, coffee, sleep. But one thing I'm extremely interested in is you! My husband and I are looking for a third member to our happy party, and I'm sure that's interesting enough. Please, message me for questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Brendon blinks.

Tinder is weird.

He blinks again.

While the thoughts are processing, he looks back at the last picture to examine it once more. That person must be Josh's husband. Him and Josh are dissimilar. His head is buzzed and he's a golden shade of tan, unlike Josh. His frame is a lot smaller as well. Brendon clears his throat.

He's never the one to judge others, but he's not sure he understands.

Why get married if you haven't found your third person yet?

Why Tinder?

Brendon doesn't understand. Maybe that isn't his fault. There's room for confusion, and that's why he decides to send a message, he supposed.

It's a simple hello before he goes back and swipes right.

It's A Match!

His eyes become wider as it flashes across his phone screen. It came as a shock to him that Josh has ran past his account already, it came as an even bigger shock to him that he even said yes. What is there to Brendon that Josh finds valuable enough for that sort of commitment? Was Josh even the one running the account or was it the both of them?

Brendon really did have a lot of questions.

He exhales, hoping to be answered.

He continues swiping, coming to terms with the fact most people just used this app for sex. Unwanted messages roll in about how they were free tonight, even going as far as sending their addresses without any context. What was Brendon really expecting, though.